PDA

View Full Version : Need a new Firewood cutting area, Vic

saddo
04-03-2009, 06:58 PM
as Winter approaches i need to find a new Firewood cutting are ASAP, i used get all my wood from Dissa and normally have it all done by now but with the recent events that has not and is not a possibility, the weather seems to have calmed down so i am thinking about starting to cut, is it to soon ?, is it disrespectful ?, is there anywhere local i can get a permit to cut ?, you have to remember that i need wood for the winter and it would cost me $800 to $1000 to buy wood for the winter so that is not an option, i live near Sunbury so somewhere within an 1 and half hours would be good.

Please give me your thoughts and places if you know of any
Cheers Saddo.....

ryan3500
04-03-2009, 07:14 PM
hey mate pretty sure you can cut wood at elaine, if you dont know where i mean it's between geelong and ballarat near mount doran and lal lal. you use to beable to obtain a permit from the meredith shop (service station) might be a good idea and call them to see if you can still get the permit.

saddo
04-03-2009, 07:17 PM
hey mate pretty sure you can cut wood at elaine, if you dont know where i mean it's between geelong and ballarat near mount doran and lal lal. you use to beable to obtain a permit from the meredith shop (service station) might be a good idea and call them to see if you can still get the permit.

cheers mate i will check it out

wabi
04-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Probably a bit far but if you look nth of Walhalla you will see that the DSE have pushed in massive fire breaks The trees have been pushed into windrows and im sure the DSE would just love for us to to go up there and take it.
Thats after they have cut out there own firewood for themselves and the boss etc and then finish of the day down the local pub^alc all on the taxpayer.^BGHD

Maybe i should post some pics.^duh

spazzm
04-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Hey Cam, I know theres a firewood cutting area just off Greenhills road just out of Greendale (actually closer to Dales Creek or Blackwood??) I don't know what shire office you would have to check with for permits, but something for you to suss out in that week of luxury you lucky buggers get.

Let us know if you want to go up for a ride/wood cut day on a Saturday, I'll see whats on and come out and give you a hand

saddo
04-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Hey Cam, I know theres a firewood cutting area just off Greenhills road just out of Greendale (actually closer to Dales Creek or Blackwood??) I don't know what shire office you would have to check with for permits, but something for you to suss out in that week of luxury you lucky buggers get.

Let us know if you want to go up for a ride/wood cut day on a Saturday, I'll see whats on and come out and give you a hand

your a true champion Shano, i will suss it out and talk to ya about a ride in the morning and a cut after that if your free and not raking in the dollars on an overtime.

ahhhh the luxury, i havnt even slept past 9am this week

Jackhammer
04-03-2009, 09:32 PM
g'day saddo, i am in the same boat dude. back in the day i used to cut at blackwood, get the permit from the general store. i will be looking into it very soon, a ride/cut weekend sounds good!

boof dtl
04-03-2009, 09:40 PM
There are 6 spots just greenhills rd 3 on blackwood rd 1 off morn star track but need a 4x4 to get to and more 4to6 kms up blackwood rd..
If ya need a hand let me know love cutting wood with the saw..

TH850
04-03-2009, 09:57 PM
theres some around wombat, first that comes to mind is on gerrys road, probably a 25 min drive from sunbury

saddo
05-03-2009, 12:06 PM
thx for the help lads, i will arrange something over the next few weeks for a ride in the morning and a cutting session after, the more the merrier bring your ute/trailer and we can all work together to fill em up, have all you blokes got 4 wheelers, just so i know where we can go, i have my trusty cruiser tray so i am good to go, no sweat if you dont we can stay 2 wheel friendly.

Stay tuned
cheers Saddo......

saddo
05-03-2009, 12:32 PM
General store at Blackwood no longer sells permits but Lou at the Caravan Park does and he also told me you need a fire extuinghsher or 9 litres of water with you, so is anyone keen for this Saturday or Sunday, i know its short notice but i really want to hook in and i really need to go for a ride, i dont know the area as far as a ride is concerned so someone will have to show me around, i was thinkn a nice level 3 would be good if we want to do some cutting after,
Cheers Saddo....

spazzm
05-03-2009, 08:14 PM
I hear Boof might have a new bigbore orange set of wheels, so he'll be keen to try it out, see what happens I'll let you know

saddo
05-03-2009, 10:24 PM
come on Shano lets do it mate, lets show these small bore tossers how the real men ride, if it aint a big bore your taking it up the back door

PS i hope no one reads this

spazzm
05-03-2009, 10:45 PM
come on Shano lets do it mate, lets show these small bore tossers how the real men ride, if it aint a big bore your taking it up the back door

PS i hope no one reads this

Phew...I nearly took offense, till I remembered I sold my little 2 bangers, big bore all the way Camo^roost^roost^roost^roost