Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new DBW - the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The new DBW - the good, the bad, and the ugly!

    We are now running the latest version of the forum software, vBulletin. Moving from our old version to our new one was a significant jump as far as software goes. Fingers crossed we don't have too many issues but if you do notice a problem post it up here and I'll look at it as soon as I get a chance.

    Also, if anyone didn't download/save their avatar image prior to the changeover, just reach out, I have them all.

    Cheers Galey
    Last edited by galey; 1 week ago.
    2010 KTM 450EXC Guided Missile

  • #2
    Is the new look to stay? It’s pretty awful.
    Beta 200RR

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Spac View Post
      Is the new look to stay? It’s pretty awful.
      Yep second that. Or at least will there be some options like other forums have?
      Would be cool if it could be made to look as similar as it could to the old one. Too much change in the world at the moment already haha

      Comment


      • #4
        Is there any instruction on how to change the colours in the User CP. I can't find any, and what is there doesn't appear to do anything.
        Also is there a way to change the user screen resolution so that it fills up more than a third of the screen ?
        Thanks
        Platinum Club Mud 697

        "Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical minority and promoted by mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for your efforts Galey.

          Did the New Posts & Todays Posts buttons get torpedoed? ...or am I just not seeing them?

          ...looks like the smilies are a bit fcked up too -smile
          Last edited by 380EXCQLD; 1 week ago.

          Comment


          • #6
            Annoying , irritating ,pain in spfinkter , and then there are the bad points that i dont want to mention .
            ^roost

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 380EXCQLD View Post
              Thanks for your efforts Galey.

              Did the New Posts & Todays Posts buttons get torpedoed? ...or am I just not seeing them?

              ...looks like the smilies are a bit fcked up too -smile
              Yes, thank you. It may look different but it's back and we'll get used to it
              I love dirtbikes!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Skurfer View Post

                Yep second that. Or at least will there be some options like other forums have?
                Would be cool if it could be made to look as similar as it could to the old one. Too much change in the world at the moment already haha
                I have activated the default themes - hopefully you can find an option in those that suits. I haven't had a chance to customise the logo for each theme as yet so that could be a bit ordinary until I can. I'll also look at creating a theme similar to the old DBW when I have time.
                2010 KTM 450EXC Guided Missile

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DV8 View Post
                  Is there any instruction on how to change the colours in the User CP. I can't find any, and what is there doesn't appear to do anything.
                  Also is there a way to change the user screen resolution so that it fills up more than a third of the screen ?
                  Thanks
                  Colours are changed by selecting a theme - there was only one and now there are quite a few. There is a drop down in the bottom left of the screen to let you choose a colour scheme that suits you. On screen resolution I'll have to research that.
                  2010 KTM 450EXC Guided Missile

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 380EXCQLD View Post
                    Thanks for your efforts Galey.

                    Did the New Posts & Todays Posts buttons get torpedoed? ...or am I just not seeing them?

                    ...looks like the smilies are a bit fcked up too -smile
                    No such concept in the new version - topics equals threads - and on the right hand side of the main screen you can see the latest topics and trending topics. I'll investigate if I can create something similar to the New Posts and Todays Posts functionality but can't promise anything. I'll have a look at the smilies too.
                    2010 KTM 450EXC Guided Missile

                    Comment


                    • galey
                      galey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Today's Posts has been added. Still working on the New Posts to see if there is an equivalent

                  • #11
                    Originally posted by Spac View Post
                    Is the new look to stay? It’s pretty awful.
                    Have added the other default themes - hopefully one of them is OK
                    2010 KTM 450EXC Guided Missile

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      ahha, the black background was the culprit , change it to white is 100% better.
                      ^roost

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by galey View Post

                        Colours are changed by selecting a theme - there was only one and now there are quite a few. There is a drop down in the bottom left of the screen to let you choose a colour scheme that suits you. On screen resolution I'll have to research that.
                        AHHHHH !!!! , thats what I was looking for. Thanks
                        Platinum Club Mud 697

                        "Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical minority and promoted by mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Galey, Changing themes has made it look a whole lot better. Something I can't change is font size for content. If I go into user setting / Style it lets me change the font size to medium, and I can save it and the font size changes in my posts immediately below my profile setting, but if I go to another screen it hasn't changed. If I go back and look at my profile page it has gone back to small.
                          Platinum Club Mud 697

                          "Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical minority and promoted by mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by DV8 View Post
                            Galey, Changing themes has made it look a whole lot better. Something I can't change is font size for content. If I go into user setting / Style it lets me change the font size to medium, and I can save it and the font size changes in my posts immediately below my profile setting, but if I go to another screen it hasn't changed. If I go back and look at my profile page it has gone back to small.
                            I'll have a look at that and get back to you.
                            2010 KTM 450EXC Guided Missile

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X