No announcement yet.

What did you do to ya Beta ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitted later model airbox and recycled plastics to my 2015 RR250.

next job is to remove the exhaust header and pop those dents...(again)
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Roon View Post
      fitted later model airbox and recycled plastics to my 2015 RR250.

next job is to remove the exhaust header and pop those dents...(again)
      Poor thing looks hammered haha.
      '18 GG XC250!

Comment

• Pretty quiet on DBW, so hereís some froth..

I went back to NEDW#3 after trying an NECJ for the first time in years. Rewind - I was poo-pooed by the Guru, Owen Lock, years ago for suggesting the NECJ would solve everyoneís issues - world peace, climate change, etc, etc. Isnít hindsight great!

I rode at Mont Rouge last week with the usual suspects for the first ride with the NECJ - big mistake. Trying to zap up the endless steps with wheelspin doesnít work. It felt as if the bike had no power exactly where the NEDW has power when rolling on/letting out the clutch. Then the power came on hard (as it does with that needle) & put me on my arse a few times. Hip is still sore

Then, went to Pac Park this morning to have a go on a mateís trials bike & took my 300. Up the back where the harder s/t is, the bike felt like itís old self now itís back to NEDW. Yay!

NEDW#3, 38p/165m, a/s 1.5 give or take, Motul 710 @ 2% in 98RON, 0m-1200m asl, 12c-34c.

I also recently installed Racetech Gold Valves & re-valved my Sachs ocís after being over the harsh mid-stroke at pace over the sandstone corrugations at the G. I was underwhelmed at first. Then after reading a bit, I increased the air gap from 130mm to 140mm (in other words, dropped the oil height by 10mm). Hey, presto! Much better.

Tip - maybe try dropping your oil height (aka increasing your air gap) first before dropping $500 if you have the same issue. 92kg onboard, fork up 3mm in triple, rocky s/t.

I have all the stacks, before & after if anyone wants them.
        2020 Beta RR300

Comment

• Originally posted by gibnut View Post
          Iím not chasing anyone in the rocks at 7km/h with no airflow - hence the fan.

All wired up & pulling air through. I used the fan plug off the loom & put a waterproof switch next to the map switch on lhs of the Ďbar.

If the bike is getting hot enough for a lean-out hanging idle & slight top end noise, I think a fan is pretty cheap insurance.
          What fan did you use Gibnut ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
            What fan did you use Gibnut ?
            Hey, Marty - OEM & then just wired it up manually. Working a treat. Could save a bunch by buying a Spal & then DIY, I reckon.

Beta bonus - if you run EE rad braces over stock 2-t radiators, the fan mount tabs slot perfectly between the rads & braces. No drilling. Mine are rock solid after a bunch of offs.
            Attached Files
            2020 Beta RR300

Comment

• Originally posted by shawbagga View Post
              Poor thing looks hammered haha.
              Expansion chamber fixed (again) cost me a case of XXXX which was on special anyway 🤣
              Reason I had left it on damaged for last ride was 2 fold
              - didnít want to outpower kwakas on his birthday ride and make him look old and slow
              - I sent my FOX shock off to Sean (no cams) for itís overdue first service and was going to remove pipe to refit the FOX

So for yesterdayís ride I had the repaired pipe and serviced shock fitted, bike is back to awesome- the pilot however struggled with the heat and lack of ride fitness 😜
              Attached Files

Comment

• https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aH...91dC0yNDk5MTY5

Very interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Christ, that was tedious, buys a race edition, doesn't set it up for himself and riding style then whines for 35 mins.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
                  Michael :grinning-

Comment

• I didnít realise you had to setup KYBs I thought there the best Suspansion straight out of the box.

Comment

• Put a deposit down on a 2020 300 xtrainer, should be here early Feb.
                      erythropoietic protoporphyria

Comment

• If anyone reading this buys a 2020 RE & needs the Gas Gas valving - which was awesome straight out of the box on my bike for trail/single track - the stock set up was put up by Nate in the Gas Gas section.
                        2020 Beta RR300

Comment

• Originally posted by Gypsy501 View Post
                          I didnít realise you had to setup KYBs I thought there the best Suspansion straight out of the box.

Well that depends on the box they came out of, grab one out of the yz box theyre gunna be pretty stiff unless you're fast, grab one out of the race edition box thay may be a little stiff, grab one out of my beta box and they're very nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by michaelf View Post
                            Well that depends on the box they came out of, grab one out of the yz box theyre gunna be pretty stiff unless you're fast, grab one out of the race edition box thay may be a little stiff, grab one out of my beta box and they're very nice.

Your box must say WP on the outside [emoji23]

Comment

• Ive had a couple of wp experiments, did not go well, prob why so many wp forks getting around with kyb internals

Comment

• Originally posted by michaelf View Post
                                Ive had a couple of wp experiments, did not go well, prob why so many wp forks getting around with kyb internals
                                Gypsy's convinced that's all fake news^rof

Comment

Working...
                                X