06 husky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 husky

Only the MX range with bear the red/white colours. All Enduro bikes with retain the traditional yellow/blue for 2006. A lot of nice improvements to an already awesome machine, including larger valves and forks just to name a few.

Some local info on the '06 TE610-E

I had a '00 model, pity they have gone to a small tank I was hoping I could replace my KTM 640 Adventure with one but it would need a 25l tank at LEAST.

Ahh well, have to be happy with my '04 TE450

Comment

I wouldn't call 12.5 litres small.
      Back in '98 there were 2 versions of the 610 Engine.
      One was MX/Enduro which had no mechanical oil pump or electric start.
      The other looked the same however the cases were totally different.
      At that time it didn't sell as it was much more "Dual" orientated with short travel suspension and heavily restricted Catalytic converter etc.
      I had the "98 610 Enduro for about 4 years. The bike was very capable with confidence inspiring predictable handling, a healthy amount of power and good top speed with 6 gears.
      The drawbacks were no pressure fed crankshaft, a false neutral changing up into 4th and a dodgy clutch pushrod setup.
      This years model (06) has proper dirt suspension, 2 oil pumps, electric start, new clutch and a 41mm Keihin carb.
      This is the bike if you want bang for your buck. It's competitors would be the Husaberg 550-650 and KTM's 625. Against these it would more than hold it's own. Not quite as good on tight stuff as the Berg but probably better than the KTM.
      DBW6 single track wouldn't be a problem and with the new Jap carb, it would also mono at over a ton.

Here's an Italian article already translated.
      http://www.worldlingo.com/wl/service...li%2F2224.html
      This is the original site;
      http://www.ultramotard.com/
      Power max. 39 KW (54 CV) to 7000 RPM
      Brace max 52 n.m to 6.500 rpm (50 Nm already to 5.000 rpm) 576.3 cc's
      Bye.
      The More I Learn... The Less I Know.
      That Which Doesn't Change... Stays The Same.
      Those That Don't Fall... Just Aren't Trying Hard Enough.
      Genius or Idiot... Sadly it's Defined by the Mediocre Masses... With their Hindsight.
      Dicklaimer... The Text above is to be Evaluated by a Responsible Person... Prior to Any Action Being Taken.

*George Carlin*What We Do*No Bravery*Tell the Truth*911*Genetic Armageddon*Carbon Tax*Interplanetary Climate Change*Fracking*Shock Doctrine*Extinction Protocol*

Comment

Originally posted by hairyone
        I wouldn't call 12.5 litres small.
        I would call it tiny... for such a bike... I ride long haul rides, unsupported, just got back from a 5 day ride, came into the servo on reserve, after using 33l of fuel, 28 in the tank and 5 l in a strap-on can. Where I ride you need that sort of distance If you buy this sort of bike to ride around your "back yard", you would be insane and better off with a 250/450/510. The 610-E is in my opinion a middle distance "adventure" bike, they should be aiming for a range of 400km + with an optional rallye kit to get you furthur. eg like the Acerbis combinations for the XR 650-R that gives you 45 litres... sweet... now if only it had a factory button !

Originally posted by hairyone
        It's competitors would be the Husaberg 550-650 and KTM's 625. Against these it would more than hold it's own. Not quite as good on single track as the Berg but probably better than the KTM.
        I disagree, the competitor for those is the TE 510 . The 610-E is really against the KTM LC-4 Hard Enduro, the KTM 640 Adventure, maybe the DR 650, XR 650-L and KTM 625. The big Husbarg is in a league of it's own. I owned the 2000 model 610-E. The new 510's are the descendants of the old 610/570, this is a beefed up 610-E adressing some of it's older cousins shortcomings but making it really hard for it to go up against it's competitors with what looks like a poor seat, no luggage ability, no rear rack and to small a fuel tank. At least the old 610-E had 17 litres. Hell, even my TE 450 has an 11 litre IMS tank and that's barely enough, I would have liked 15 !

Comment

I thought you might say something along those lines Trevor_S and I'm glad you did.
          The riding you do is totally different to what I do.
          Having said that, I coped Ok in the tight stuff on my 610 so I imagine this one would be the same or maybe even better.
          The Vor 530 is pretty good but struggles with mono's and full lock slides in top gear.
          I think that if I ever get another bike, I will return to a larger capacity but with equal weight, 6 gears and a bigger than 9 litre tank.
          I trailer the bike to our local mountains. Smaller bikes are what most people use in these conditions. I just find that for a tiny trade off in single track ability this sort of bike is more fun in all other area's. The Berg would suit me better but the Husky is a known entity. There's nothing like passing a road bike on the twisty blacktop.

http://www.husqvarnausa.com/2006/06_TE610.html

Weight is 308 pounds whatever that is?

Bye.
          Genius or Idiot... Sadly it's Defined by the Mediocre Masses... With their Hindsight.
          Dicklaimer... The Text above is to be Evaluated by a Responsible Person... Prior to Any Action Being Taken.

*George Carlin*What We Do*No Bravery*Tell the Truth*911*Genetic Armageddon*Carbon Tax*Interplanetary Climate Change*Fracking*Shock Doctrine*Extinction Protocol*

Comment

1 pound = 0.45359237 kilograms :grinning-
            "Being an Aussie, your not allowed to be a gloater, otherwise you get shut down". Robbie Maddison Maxim issue18

Comment

Good price too.
              The new Husqvarna TE610 will be priced at $11,990 plus on-road costs and is expected to arrive in limited numbers into Australia in early October. All ADR approved Husqvarna motorcycles, including the new TE610, are accompanied by a 24-month unlimited kilometer warranty.
              http://www.husqvarnamotorcycles.com....article=180805
              model: SM610
              capacity: 633.61
              wheelbase: 1475
              weight (wet): 125.3
              starting: Kick starter
              model: SMR630
              capacity: 576.28
              wheelbase: 1485
              weight (wet): 142
              starting: Electric
              125kg's would be manageable.However the 17 kg penalty for the new gearbox, starter motor and battery sounds excessive. If we can believe the yanks and they are indeed 308 pounds then, according to "asa572's reckoning, that equals 110kg's.
              That would be pretty good considering my current bike is listed at 116kg's in it's brochure.

Bye.

Comment

Working...
              X