Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KLX300 Chinese Cylinder/Piston Kit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KLX300 Chinese Cylinder/Piston Kit

    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/78mm-Cyl...frcectupt=true

    Whose going to be the DBW guinea pig?
    Upgrade your old KLX250 today

    according to e-bay, he's sold 8 already.

    Only $179.99 with $65 postage.
    John
    - '08 KLX450r
    - '96 KLX680R TM42, KX Forks, 280mm FRdisc, Ohlins Shock, BGP.
    - '96 KLX650R
    - '82 KX80
    - Sons bike '08 KLX450r


    Originally posted by wazza
    Go with the lesser seen Kwaka and stand out in the crowd.

  • #2
    Hmmm . .

    If i did have a 250 then i would be 'tempted'
    Time and tide . .

    Comment


    • #3
      Bloody hell Bathy has returned Welcome back buddy

      Mal
      Sherco 450 Race Replica

      http://www.forceaccessories.com.au/

      R.I.P Booma

      Verbier My Fav destination

      Club Mud#83

      1975 XR75 First bike
      1988 Husky AE430
      2002 VOR 530
      2006 Gas Gas 450 FSE
      2007 Honda Fireblade 1000RR
      2007 Sherco 4.5 Race Replica
      2007 KTM 640 Adventurer

      Current bikes
      2016 Beta 480
      1978 XR75 4.5

      Comment


      • #4
        Not a KLX but I bought a similar thing for a Honda which included cylinder, piston, rings and gaskets etc for about 65 bucks delivered and it has been faultless for around 18 months.
        Genius by name, rarely by nature
        Wetblasting Alloy Parts - PM for details

        Comment


        • #5
          Used one last year on a 250 that needed a new cylinder. Worked a treat and looked to be good quality. While hunting for bits for the bike I found a Kawasaki dealer in Maylasia for genuine Bits. Boy are Kwaka riders raped on price here!! Complete crank, genuine Kawasaki part around $300
          WANTED, OLD MX BIKES OR PARTS
          Life is all about ASS, Kissing it, kicking it, covering it and trying to get it!!!
          "Going to McDonalds for a salad roll is like going to a brothel for a hug"

          2016 Beta 300 RR, 2013 KTM500 EXC, !
          Plus all this vintage stuff!!!!!!
          72 Husky 400, 73 Husky 250, 77 RM 370x2 77 Honda CR 125, 79 Honda CR125, XR 75, 79 XL500 Honda hybird, 86 Suzuki TSX 250, 82 Honda CR480,83 CR250, 83 YZ 490, 77 Honda 750/4, 77 Maico 400 84 KDX 200/ 250, 90 KDX200

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by threadersmal View Post
            Bloody hell Bathy has returned Welcome back buddy

            Mal
            Thanks Mal
            I never really was gone,
            just was lurking in the background
            and just checking in every once in a while,
            as i wasn't riding due to "life" getting in the way.

            Cheers.
            John
            - '08 KLX450r
            - '96 KLX680R TM42, KX Forks, 280mm FRdisc, Ohlins Shock, BGP.
            - '96 KLX650R
            - '82 KX80
            - Sons bike '08 KLX450r


            Originally posted by wazza
            Go with the lesser seen Kwaka and stand out in the crowd.

            Comment


            • #7
              Should have a brand KLX250 arriving in the next week, looking to turn it into a 300 or bigger. Not much to choose from in Vietnam but some kiwi mechanics here are keen to set it up for me. Hope you're well Bathy 👍

              Comment


              • #8
                And.... here it is!


                https://imgur.com/VDnTE6x

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Benny Amaha View Post
                  And.... here it is!


                  https://imgur.com/VDnTE6x
                  Nice Bike Benny, hope life is treating you well over there

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Benny Amaha View Post
                    Should have a brand KLX250 arriving in the next week, looking to turn it into a 300 or bigger. Not much to choose from in Vietnam but some kiwi mechanics here are keen to set it up for me. Hope you're well Bathy 👍
                    Careful with them green bikes Benny,
                    as Kermit would say/sing, "It's not easy being Green"

                    There is a bloke in the states, Bill Blue,
                    at B & B Cycle Restoration that does a 351cc kit for the klx250/300.

                    http://bandbcyclerestoration.com/Home_Page.html

                    always wanted to do 1 myself, as i had a KLX300 Enduro model in NZ,
                    and it was a great bike and with an extra 50cc would be even greater, Right?
                    but part of me knows that the rose coloured glasses are probably affecting my judgement.
                    John
                    - '08 KLX450r
                    - '96 KLX680R TM42, KX Forks, 280mm FRdisc, Ohlins Shock, BGP.
                    - '96 KLX650R
                    - '82 KX80
                    - Sons bike '08 KLX450r


                    Originally posted by wazza
                    Go with the lesser seen Kwaka and stand out in the crowd.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bathy View Post
                      Careful with them green bikes Benny,
                      as Kermit would say/sing, "It's not easy being Green"

                      There is a bloke in the states, Bill Blue,
                      at B & B Cycle Restoration that does a 351cc kit for the klx250/300.

                      http://bandbcyclerestoration.com/Home_Page.html

                      always wanted to do 1 myself, as i had a KLX300 Enduro model in NZ,
                      and it was a great bike and with an extra 50cc would be even greater, Right?
                      but part of me knows that the rose coloured glasses are probably affecting my judgement.

                      Pretty sure I will just stick with it as a 250cc after today. Been on an XR150 the past year but once I started riding offroad every weekend it was game over. Not many bikes here (including dirtbikes) over 150cc so mine is the envy of the city as stock haha. Add to that the 50km speed limit pretty much everywhere... Everyone keeps telling me to slow down



                      On that note, as an upgrade I was very impressed with its handling offroad. Fell instantly into my groove.



                      I'll try get a vid up for you guys some time

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X