First Ride - Freeride 250R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pete40 View Post
    Thanks for the manual page Bob. It is readable. There's no actual resistance level on the second one there though. I checked the actual coil. Will check that connector tomorrow.
    Pete

Secondary resistance between 5,000 to 7,500 Ohms (5K to 7K5 Ohms)
    Pin 2 to 3 ( polarity not important while checking Ohms)

Comment

• Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
      Pete

Secondary resistance between 5,000 to 7,500 Ohms (5K to 7K5 Ohms)
      Pin 2 to 3 ( polarity not important while checking Ohms)
      Will try that. I already went from inside plug cap to +ve side of coil and 11.13k Ohms.

Comment

• While the Freeride thread is open, perhaps I should mention that a girl on a Freeride won the Romaniacs Iron Class. Hardly a standard bike by the looks of it - EXC front end, and what looks like a 300 PV top end and chamber. Potentially twice the power of a std Freeride 250...

Comment

• Got a link to her bike?

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Unfortunately there are watermarks on the larger pics, but you get the idea.

https://www.redbullromaniacs.com/for...=rbr2019&b=638

There's a German bloke has been building them like this for a while (he'll sell you a kit). Some have kickstarts fitted too.

Comment

• No go Freeride update

Ok, the last few days have been pretty exhaustive investigation. No result yet.

I have spark.
              I have fuel.
              I have good compression.
              Stator meters out fine.
              Coil is good.
              Ignition timing pulse pickup is good.
              CDI is good.

Crank case had filled with petrol. I've dealt with that and I think emptied it. At least I have no more fuel weeps from the exhaust.

Rotor has been pulled and checked that it didn't spin on the crankshaft.

Bike will occasionally fire and try to run for a couple of seconds. Then die like it maybe flooding?

The original problem was a sudden complete loss of go. No coughing, spluttering or missing. Just wide open in 4th one minute, nekminit - booorrrrrr, stopped in a few meters.

What's next?

Comment

Crank case had filled with petrol. I've dealt with that and I think emptied it. At least I have no more fuel weeps from the exhaust.

Bike will occasionally fire and try to run for a couple of seconds. Then die like it maybe flooding?
                Needle and seat shutting off ?

Spark strong enough ? Should be able to jump a gap of several mm.
                Ignorance leads to confidence more often than knowledge does

Comment

• Spark isn't that strong imho. When done with plug cap off just using core wire to head it'll jump only about 2mm.

Am tending away from a fuel problem. Needle and seat is fine. Fuel does not overflow out of carby hoses.

I'll pull the carby off again tomorrow but all was good when I did it as first thing in trying to solve this problem.

Comment

• Plug integrity

Fine crack thru ceramic insulator ...

Cdi connector integrity / dust /shite on terminals

Vapour lock
                    Pain is Inevitable...............Suffering is Optional

Comment

• Originally posted by TOE - CUTTER View Post
                      Plug integrity

Vapour lock
                      Nup. It's all spark related.

Turned out to be the stator or the ignition pickup. Swapped both out (as they are in the same loom) with Bob and it's all good with his in mine.

Just need a rewind I hope.

Comment

Nup. It's all spark related.

Turned out to be the stator or the ignition pickup. Swapped both out (as they are in the same loom) with Bob and it's all good with his in mine.

Just need a rewind I hope.
                        Sounds like my quad bike, sent pulser coil to Small Coil rewinds in Geelong Victoria, $175 I think, now all good.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
                        Michael :grinning-

Comment

• Originally posted by TOE - CUTTER View Post
                          Plug integrity

Vapour lock
                          Originally posted by michaelf View Post
                          Sounds like my quad bike, sent pulser coil to Small Coil rewinds in Geelong Victoria, $175 I think, now all good.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
                          A new one is $386. Is the $175 including postage both ways? If not, I guess add maybe $50-$70.

Anyone in Brisbane do them? I Had my Guzzi one done years ago in Woolloongabba I think.

Comment

• Pretty sure I paid freight on top, wasn't much though.
                            Give them a call.
                            Michael :grinning-

Comment

• Originally posted by michaelf View Post
                              Pretty sure I paid freight on top, wasn't much though.
                              Give them a call.
                              He reckons mine would be $280 plus freight which is $15 from his end. He quoted $170 at first but then said it would be $280 after I explained what I had done to diagnose the problem. (So $295 plus freight my end = equals $320 plus...)

Anyway, just bought a new one from Boltons - $386.

Comment

Working...
                              X