No Yamaha dealer in Canberra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spac View Post
    So the word is that their only supplier is Yamaha Australia... So no aftermarket parts, only Yamaha apparel, etc.
    No doubt this would be Yamaha Australia's wet dream, but it sounds like a fast ticket to bankruptcy to me. Car dealership mentality won't work for bikes...
    ...And less than 18 months later, they're closing down.
    Beta 200RR

Comment

So the word is that their only supplier is Yamaha Australia... So no aftermarket parts, only Yamaha apparel, etc.
      No doubt this would be Yamaha Australia's wet dream, but it sounds like a fast ticket to bankruptcy to me. Car dealership mentality won't work for bikes...
      There's none of that up here in Newcastle. Graeme Boyd MC and Chris Watson MC both sell Yamaha along side other brand bikes, parts and anything MC related.

Might be a good opportunity for you to open a bike shop
      "A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment, and is designed for the special use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics."

Comment

Can't afford the franchise buy-in, and it does appear to be a challenging business model.
        Beta 200RR

Comment

...And less than 18 months later, they're closing down.
          So it seems...less than 6 weeks away.

Oh well, was there long enough to get my WR. Yamaha's generous (lol ) 3 month warranty is up now & had no issues anyway.

Can get anyone I like to do any service or mechanical work that's out of my league but sure as hell won't be CMC if they get the franchise back.
          2015 Yamaha WR250F
          2017 Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled

Comment

yamaha dealer

we have a new yamaha dealer in canberra . canberra motor cycle centre the signs went up this week
            Tony B

Comment

Working...
            X