Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B Class Rego

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • B Class Rego

    Anyone have any idea on how much B Class rego is in WA ? Previously Iíve paid around 80 dollars. Iím being told at DOT two figures now 400 plus and 380. For a sanctioned event only rego thatís excessive!! Vic rec rego is 80 bucks and you can trail ride with it
    Current Rides

    2019 Husqvarna Tx300

    2017 Husqvarna Fx350

  • #2
    B Class Rego

    Hey cuffie, no one is really running it anymore over here. For our events now you can purchase a one event rego for $30-$40. Iím guessing it will be available for a4de in 2021 too.

    Biggest problem with b class rego was paying the ridiculous stamp duty.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by big orse View Post
      Hey cuffie, no one is really running it anymore over here. For our events now you can purchase a one event rego for $30-$40. Iím guessing it will be available for a4de in 2021 too.

      Biggest problem with b class rego was paying the ridiculous stamp duty.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


      Cheers Faz,

      I was exempt from stamp duty as I previously paid it with my vic rec rego. I missed the permit cut off due to work issues by a couple of days so my only way to race this weekend was getting it B classed. Which at the time I was happy to do until they tried to hit me with a 400 plus rego for 12 months. All my 3 other b classed bikes were around 80 dollars for the 12 months rego previously. Iím just trying to find someone with current B class registration, to see what they are paying
      Current Rides

      2019 Husqvarna Tx300

      2017 Husqvarna Fx350

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh spewing you missed the cut off. The last bike I did cost me about $350-$400 which was back in 2015


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by big orse View Post
          Oh spewing you missed the cut off. The last bike I did cost me about $350-$400 which was back in 2015


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


          Yeah I was spewing but what can you do. Was that price including stamp duty ?
          Current Rides

          2019 Husqvarna Tx300

          2017 Husqvarna Fx350

          Comment


          • #6
            It's all about the insurance classification - that's where the money goes.

            Check the rego paper, or log in to DOTDirect, check what insurance classification your bike has and compare that with other B-class bikes.

            According to DOTDirect a B-class bike I had back in 2001 one had an insurance classification of 7A.

            Annual insurance cost for 7A is currently $62.70, so that's what should be on your bike's registration.

            https://www.transport.wa.gov.au/lice...-insurance.asp
            (Click on Motor Injury Insurance (MII) fees)
            2012 KTM250EXC-F (stolen in 2019)
            2008 Aprilia SXV550
            2013 Husqvarna Nuda
            1998 Yamaha DT200R
            Various unfinished projects

            One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

            My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cuffie View Post
              Yeah I was spewing but what can you do. Was that price including stamp duty ?


              Yeah pretty sure it was.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Phildo View Post
                It's all about the insurance classification - that's where the money goes.

                Check the rego paper, or log in to DOTDirect, check what insurance classification your bike has and compare that with other B-class bikes.

                According to DOTDirect a B-class bike I had back in 2001 one had an insurance classification of 7A.

                Annual insurance cost for 7A is currently $62.70, so that's what should be on your bike's registration.

                https://www.transport.wa.gov.au/lice...-insurance.asp
                (Click on Motor Injury Insurance (MII) fees)
                Thanks Phildo, They were spruking the insurance classification as the reason there was an increase over the last 4 years. And to be honest I was wondering why there was insurance on the rego at all. It would be null and void if something happened during an event anyhow. Quite you would be doubling up with rego insurance and Ma race lic. insurance too. Great stuff
                Current Rides

                2019 Husqvarna Tx300

                2017 Husqvarna Fx350

                Comment

                Working...
                X