Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep out of Revegetation areas!!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Keep out of Revegetation areas!!!!!!

    Once upon a time there was a statewide DSE project called the Trail Bike Initiative that went out planting trees and closing tracks and doing work like this track closure below.



    Now we see works like this.



    Fuel reduction burns and clearing burn breaks are nothing new but when one week you could get booked for riding ST and the next week the track becomes a highway and reveg works are pushed away by a dozer it makes you wonder

    The question we would like an answer to at VTRN is what future maintenance is there going to be when the breaks have done their job? Are we going to be blamed for erosion because these tracks have been roughly pushed in with no drainage or works to stop them washing away in the first rain?

    We did try to contact the trail bike liason offcer for Southwest Victoria but he is on leave until the last week of November!!!!!
    Super Duper
    AKA Mototrials


    Victorian Trail Riders Network www.vtrn.org
    It is better to be heard then ignored than not to be heard at all!

    For information about VTRN or to become a supporter email vtrnhq@gmail.com

    2010 KTM 250EXC
    2006 Scorpa SY250R
    1983 Montesa 360 H7 (Sadly now in the hands of a wealthy QLDer)
    1985 Montesa 348T (for the Mrs)

  • #2
    The govt. does not make money out of us accessing the forests unlike how they do when logging companies go in to do their thing so of course we will never get permission to ride our little 600mm wide pathways.
    12c per tonne will however let you clear fell large swathes of forest but no we are the environmental vandals as always.
    You need to keep in mind too that the various depts' need to spend every cent of their budget each year so 'ground works' such as those pictured above will always happen, the damage done will be a reason/avenue to spend their budget on in a later year.
    If it isn't us they are trying to keep out it will be some other user group but atm we are at the top of the bunch.
    Eat sleep ride repeat.

    Comment


    • #3
      You make the mistake of trying to apply logic to these situations.
      Just ride and try to avoid detection.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ROBKTM View Post
        You make the mistake of trying to apply logic to these situations.
        Just ride and try to avoid detection.
        Rob,

        I know logic and government are two words never to be used in the same sentence but........ If we don't keep at them who will?

        The main problem I see in some of the Otway areas is that so called "trail bike hot spots" that have been very contentious in past (mainly due to ratbags playing MX around the same bit of track close to private land) are being opened up in such a way that it will encourage those people back again. The works just completed that I have looked at are basically a future motoX loop around a five acre block of bush surronded by private land on two sides and a very active landcare group that enjoys trying to kick us all out no matter much we try to be undetected.

        In the future we won't be getting the trail bike project of the past, next time around it won't a few track closures and some unloadining areas
        Super Duper
        AKA Mototrials


        Victorian Trail Riders Network www.vtrn.org
        It is better to be heard then ignored than not to be heard at all!

        For information about VTRN or to become a supporter email vtrnhq@gmail.com

        2010 KTM 250EXC
        2006 Scorpa SY250R
        1983 Montesa 360 H7 (Sadly now in the hands of a wealthy QLDer)
        1985 Montesa 348T (for the Mrs)

        Comment


        • #5
          I've been down there and watched whilst they've driven their DSE dozer straight over the tops of the little trees.

          As a tax payer, you have to be pretty angry to see them spend all that money on the barracades to keep us off them, only to see the DSE destroy them.

          It's alot like how they finish building trailbike unloading area's 3 months before they close an area down to riding.

          There is no logic. Take Rob's advice, ignore and evade. You can't work with them.

          Australian bush fire is 1000000 times the force of any dirtbiker and they go through every few years. Any "management" by the DSE/Parks or "destruction" by dirtbikers is irrelevant as the game resets to zero after each fire.

          If the DSE/Parks ceased to exist no one would notice apart from the lack of pretty track signage.

          Oh, and the structures designed to block dirtbikers of course.

          They want to establish an exclusive parks office here to "manage" the bush. Even though it's done quite nicely by itself for several thousand years. They need an office so they can build nicer signs, fences and promote the area to bush walkers and horse riders, but shut it off to dirtbikers.

          Pretty funny given dirtbikers are the only ones that want to use and enjoy it, yet they are conisdered the problem.

          It's actually people like the VNPA, Parks and a lesser extent the DSE that are the problem. Green nazi's. All about doing what they want, nothing to do with what needs to be done.

          Comment


          • #6
            ^rof Cynic ^rof

            ^lol As if!!!

            Originally posted by Disco View Post
            I've been down there and watched whilst they've driven their DSE dozer straight over the tops of the little trees.

            As a tax payer, you have to be pretty angry to see them spend all that money on the barracades to keep us off them, only to see the DSE destroy them.

            It's alot like how they finish building trailbike unloading area's 3 months before they close an area down to riding.

            There is no logic. Take Rob's advice, ignore and evade. You can't work with them.

            Australian bush fire is 1000000 times the force of any dirtbiker and they go through every few years. Any "management" by the DSE/Parks or "destruction" by dirtbikers is irrelevant as the game resets to zero after each fire.

            If the DSE/Parks ceased to exist no one would notice apart from the lack of pretty track signage.

            Oh, and the structures designed to block dirtbikers of course.

            They want to establish an exclusive parks office here to "manage" the bush. Even though it's done quite nicely by itself for several thousand years. They need an office so they can build nicer signs, fences and promote the area to bush walkers and horse riders, but shut it off to dirtbikers.

            Pretty funny given dirtbikers are the only ones that want to use and enjoy it, yet they are conisdered the problem.

            It's actually people like the VNPA, Parks and a lesser extent the DSE that are the problem. Green nazi's. All about doing what they want, nothing to do with what needs to be done.
            Super Duper
            AKA Mototrials


            Victorian Trail Riders Network www.vtrn.org
            It is better to be heard then ignored than not to be heard at all!

            For information about VTRN or to become a supporter email vtrnhq@gmail.com

            2010 KTM 250EXC
            2006 Scorpa SY250R
            1983 Montesa 360 H7 (Sadly now in the hands of a wealthy QLDer)
            1985 Montesa 348T (for the Mrs)

            Comment


            • #7
              awaiting roger titt.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rabskyline View Post
                awaiting roger titt.
                Could Envirorider now be "Dozerman"???

                I guess it depends on funding and government priorities ^roost



                I do get chessed off when they knock trees over my fence and leave them there and don't repair the fence. You'd think officers at DSE would have learned something about cr@$%inp in the wrong nest by now
                Super Duper
                AKA Mototrials


                Victorian Trail Riders Network www.vtrn.org
                It is better to be heard then ignored than not to be heard at all!

                For information about VTRN or to become a supporter email vtrnhq@gmail.com

                2010 KTM 250EXC
                2006 Scorpa SY250R
                1983 Montesa 360 H7 (Sadly now in the hands of a wealthy QLDer)
                1985 Montesa 348T (for the Mrs)

                Comment


                • #9
                  That tree looks a bit dead.
                  Did they knock it during track clearing.
                  If so send them an invoice.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Bruce

                    Doesn`t the Parks/DSE single track problem seems a lot irrelevant when you witness football fields of destruction and single vehicle access roads widened to 3 lanes?

                    I`m not sure how land managers, or the local Land Care group can see trail bike track erosion as a problem, when you compared it to the amount of tree clearing thats gone on here.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Out at gembrook just after they opened a lot of tracks after the last wet season and was stopped by a ranger who'd asked all the usual questions after he'd interrogated us I'd ask the question
                      'you close most of these tracks due to the minority of some 4x4 enthusiasts ruining your tracks when they're wet understandably, but a motor bike has less of a footprint on the tracks why aren't they open to us riders.'
                      he'd said 'if riders where more organised with good representation they probably would keep them open and create tracks for us to use all year round it's just some 4x4 seem to get into any track they'd fit into and ruin them for all.'

                      Unfortunately I wouldn't be a good enough spokes person or representer and there are some groups that are trying but can't seem to get through the red tape that restricts us all.
                      Unification would get us further with good representation in state government might get things happening for us.
                      01 YZ250F it's only a little over decade old

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yeah but as bruce and others have found, most riders are selfish pricks that won't put any effort into supporting their hobby. They just wanna rock up, rip up and piss off.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Disco View Post
                          Yeah but as bruce and others have found, most riders are selfish pricks that won't put any effort into supporting their hobby. They just wanna rock up, rip up and piss off.
                          Your point being
                          13 isnt unlucky, i just keep falling off.
                          http://www.getonitperformancesports.com/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            So it's a pointless conversation lol
                            01 YZ250F it's only a little over decade old

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              What if the DSE office at Gembrook had a stand with free bags of seed .

                              When you go to Gembrrok stop at the office and pick up your bag .Then when out on the trail's we can stop at bits that need seed and sprinkle some around .

                              Would that help ?
                              KTM 380 01 !psm
                              Husaberg 570 Oh Baby !!

                              Comment

                              antalya escort
                              medyumlar
                              huluhub.com
                              kartal escort
                              ankara escort
                              Working...
                              X