Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first start after rebuild

off choke.

Needs the float valve adjusted as it was pissing out fuel and flooded the carb after a min or so.

Comment

I have lights, indicators and ignition key so now i needed a battery - however the battery and stock plastic battery holder had been ditched by the PO long ago - so i just made one up that should do the job. It attaches to the existing bracket that hangs from the frame on 45 (ish) degree angle. Its not pretty but its better than the cable ties, and finding a stock battery box just seemed harder IMO. Once this is attached to the bike I can secure the battery in with either cables ties or a rubber battery strap.

Comment

I guess you could have opted to eliminate the battery altogether?

Comment

Originally posted by axel View Post
          I guess you could have opted to eliminate the battery altogether?
          I had thought about it - but decided a battery this was a better option for regular road going and registration. This model is eligable for classic rego in a year or 2.

Plus the next owner should have a stock (ish) setup to troubleshoot should there ever be an electrical issue.

Comment

Originally posted by metaltriumph View Post
            I have lights, indicators and ignition key so now i needed a battery - however the battery and stock plastic battery holder had been ditched by the PO long ago - so i just made one up that should do the job. It attaches to the existing bracket that hangs from the frame on 45 (ish) degree angle. Its not pretty but its better than the cable ties, and finding a stock battery box just seemed harder IMO. Once this is attached to the bike I can secure the battery in with either cables ties or a rubber battery strap.

Good job there !
            Reminds me a little of the battery cradle in my old TS185 - circa 1974 ?
            Time and tide . .

Comment

Comment

ignition key installed, lights indicators horn all work.

Front and rear brake stop switches still to be wired up.

brakes lines next.

Comment

and here it is - besides chain and front brake - all finished.

Comment

Looks amazing, well done!
                    2007 GasGas EC200
                    2005 WR250F

Comment

Very vice!
                      KTM 350 excf^roost
                      I thought my feet were hanging out the end of the bed... So I got out to have a look. They weren't:grinning-

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Working...
                        X