dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums (http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   New South Wales Ride Reports & Local Issues (http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   south coast fires (http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=128300)

dalboy 05-12-2019 12:46 PM

true. always easier to make new lines after a fire

Echidna 05-12-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOE - CUTTER (Post 2062634)
Would you like fries with that ..... ?

I dont eat potatoes. But if you could ride behind me and pick up my bike when I fall off. That would be appreciated [emoji16][emoji23]🤣

Sent from my SM-G935F using dirtbikeworld mobile app

griffo525 05-12-2019 11:57 PM

No need for matches.

If we don't get some rain this fire will be in wandy eventually anyway.

TOE - CUTTER 06-12-2019 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griffo525 (Post 2062667)
No need for matches.

If we don't get some rain this fire will be in wandy eventually anyway.

I rekon so ...

Nutty 06-12-2019 08:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dalboy (Post 2062617)
say goodbye to a very large portion of trails from milton - termeil - east lynne.
major fires in the area, princes highway cut from batemans bay to ulladulla
i heard east lynne store was saved - not sure how, looks like it was burnt all around it.
fire is still not under control.
hoping everyone in the area stays safe

I spoke to Gary Akers last night Chef. The Fireys saved his house and Baxters sawmill. He's in there alone and with no food now. The bush behind the house never burnt and he's worried it'll go up.

Entire Monkey Mountain area was burnt, the fire has been turning and running with each wind shift. It's almost gone around in a circle. Poor buggers. It'll all come back though, my place at Tomo was destroyed and 18 months later it was perfect again.

I didn't get through to Ben Perese, dunno how Dick and Helens place went. Pretty scary, I have heaps of friends down there.

dalboy 06-12-2019 09:33 AM

yeah, i have mates in the parks fighting it and said yesterday was insane. we had strong hot nor westerly winds. nothing stopping it heading south down past batemans bay/mogo and eventually here

blindmandave 06-12-2019 10:03 AM

There was a fire that started on Wandean Rd yesterday afternoon about 3pm. Luckily the RFS boys and girls were on it straight away.
Keen for a ride down Milton, Termeil, East Lyne way early January

Nutty 06-12-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindmandave (Post 2062675)
There was a fire that started on Wandean Rd yesterday afternoon about 3pm. Luckily the RFS boys and girls were on it straight away...

Waterbomber put it out, the RFS ground staff just cleaned up the edges. Those pilots are pretty amazing.

What are the chances that some of these fires have been lit by Climate Change indoctrinated school kids and radical Greens trying to strengthen their case for action on Global Warming?

Pete40 06-12-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutty (Post 2062676)
Waterbomber put it out, the RFS ground staff just cleaned up the edges. Those pilots are pretty amazing.

What are the chances that some of these fires have been lit by Climate Change indoctrinated school kids and radical Greens trying to strengthen their case for action on Global Warming?

Hope not Nutty. The fires and big dry are doing that on their own.

Nutty 06-12-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete40 (Post 2062680)
Hope not Nutty. The fires and big dry are doing that on their own.

I've noticed a circumstantial link between the fire ignition locations and areas with a significant hippie population. Might be just coincidence. ^dunno