dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums (http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Bike Related Discussion (http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New tyre changing tool (http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=123941)

leigh 09-01-2017 10:09 AM

New tyre changing tool
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WRL...ature=youtu.be


Good bit of engineering there, might be handy for some people.

About $100 US I believe.

Leigh.

tmac450 11-01-2017 12:37 PM

Looks pretty good.

I wonder how it goes for smaller tyres on minibikes. I can never change my young bloke's tyres on his 85 without butchering the tube.

Frank400 11-01-2017 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmac450 (Post 1998899)
Looks pretty good.

I wonder how it goes for smaller tyres on minibikes. I can never change my young bloke's tyres on his 85 without butchering the tube.

Looks like they have them for mini bikes as well.
http://www.bajanopinch.com/

poper 11-01-2017 06:22 PM

Been around for few years now, I think they were invented in Estonia or Latvia or something , didn't get the exposure and had to order from there. Will do anything as long as you have the right axle size rod, easy problem to fix.

Mudders 11-01-2017 06:25 PM

Mine got delivered on Monday ,need to go riding to burn up some tyres so I can use it

$170 Aud to the door

dvorak 11-01-2017 07:00 PM

That's a lot of money for something that only does 1/3 of the job.

You can buy a basic manual tyre changer with that kind of money. And that includes a stand and bead breaker.

It would make a neat trail side tool though. Still, a lot of money and you still have to carry levers and possibly a bead breaker.

321 11-01-2017 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvorak (Post 1998959)
That's a lot of money for something that only does 1/3 of the job.

You can buy a basic manual tyre changer with that kind of money. And that includes a stand and bead breaker.

It would make a neat trail side tool though. Still, a lot of money and you still have to carry levers and possibly a bead breaker.

Agreed maybe handy to carry for adventure bikes with thick tyres.

Mudders 11-01-2017 08:10 PM

Yeah I have a ktm 690 and use DOT rated tyres , motoz are pretty good to fit but Dunlop 908RR and other heave wall tyre like mitas are pain in the arse even with my tyre Ballard's tyre machine

DV8 11-01-2017 08:58 PM

I like the idea.
I'm looking to make the tightarse model.

redhot 11-01-2017 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DV8 (Post 1998980)
I like the idea.
I'm looking to make the tightarse model.

Will the tightarse special have a patent no.? I want one!!!!:tick


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 04:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.