dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums (http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Queensland Rides (http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Strumm's mucky rides 2013 (http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99942)

strummer 23-01-2013 11:28 AM

Strumm's mucky rides 2013

Here's a new thread for our 2013 rides, so you can subscribe to it if you are not a regular lurker on the QLD page.

Usually, we ride in Glasshouse, on the same trails that most other rides take in. The difference is, we like an easy pace, with plenty of rest stops along the way to enjoy some good company, have a laugh at ourselves and eachother and run our illicit trade in sugary comestibles.

To keep the injuries to a minimum, we like to keep rides to a pace that the slowest rider is very comfortable with, and if I'm leading, that is as fast as I will be going, so these rides will not suit gun riders, or people who dislike waiting around for slower riders to catch up.

Last year we met some awesome new friends, and I hope to catch up with you guys n gals soon. And anyone else who is keen on cruisey social riding is free to join in too.

All you need is a reliable bike and a sense of humour about it all.

We like to keep the group sizes to 8-10 riders maximum. So if we miss you on one ride, we will hopefully catch you on the next.

BRING IT!!!

strummer 23-01-2013 11:33 AM

Saturday morning, easy blat, Glasshouse

Meet 7.30 am at Matthew Flinders Rest area - Steve Irwin Way, Glasshouse.

Ride out 8 am

Finished by around 2 or 3 depending on how stuffed we are from not riding the last 2 months!

BYO snack, water and enough fuel for about 90 klms of semi interesting track.

Terrain: Will try to keep it flowing and not too hard (no Valley of Death Bob!).

Plenty of help given if someone is new to the gnarley type of terrain, but not a ride for beginners with little off road experience.

Max 8 bikes, so get ya name down. !psm

Melissa 23-01-2013 11:40 AM

Wish I could make this one but i'll be up north riding. Your rides are awesome so stress less ish have fun everyone !

strummer 23-01-2013 12:37 PM

No worries Mel, enjoy yourself! Catch you soon.

So far:

Strumm
Sandy
Steve (now known as Gas450)
Mr Bergman

Ktm claire 23-01-2013 01:06 PM

Have fun

il see you next time as il be out punting along a river and eating cucumber sandwiches

RE017 23-01-2013 01:06 PM

Welcome back Strummer! Looking forward to catching you lot on more rides again this year, but just not this weekend... I'll be riding, but will be doing some jetting/tuning runs on my son's new (to him) 250EXC.

Feel free to do multiple runs through "Valley of Death" on the ride this weekend...:D:D:D

Have fun!

bigberger 23-01-2013 01:35 PM

Next one. Too much work not enough play... Have fun!

mitch179 23-01-2013 01:38 PM

What day is this I don't see the post titles on tapatalk!

Can't wait to join a ride with you guys again on the new ride :D

strummer 23-01-2013 02:22 PM

350!!!???

Geez Mitch, we won't be able to keep up with ya now!

This ride is for Saturday 26th.

Claire, Bob and Aaron, enjoy your cucumbers, carbies and capitalism. See ya next one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitch179 (Post 1550616)
What day is this I don't see the post titles on tapatalk!

Can't wait to join a ride with you guys again on the new ride :D

Strumm
Sandy
Steve (now known as Gas450)
Mr Bergman
Nick ??

mat_p 23-01-2013 03:29 PM

have subscribed...will join in on some of these rides when I have some spare time :) will be good to meet some fellow riders off here :)

oh yeah, also need to work out just how far I can get on a tank of fuel...not even sure if the kato will make 90km's, lol.