dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums (http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/index.php)
-   Competition & Racing (http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dakar 2019 begins (http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=126884)

threadersmal 23-11-2018 07:39 AM

Dakar 2019 begins

8 Attachment(s)
MY Favorite time of year DAKAR Time :D

My mate John Mitchinson from Rally Raid Products was in France dropping off bikes

Some pics

threadersmal 23-11-2018 07:40 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Some bikes

Motoxfox 23-11-2018 10:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
"MY Favorite time of year DAKAR Time "

And One of Mine too Mal ....:laughing-

"My mate John Mitchinson from Rally Raid Products was in France dropping off bikes"

Don't Move Mal ....I'll send you thru my Address details...
Please make it an Orange one Thanks ! ^ton

PS your posting in the wrong section ! ...
I posted recently that no one recognises the Comp page exists ^rof

riles 23-11-2018 10:55 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Thanks for starting the thread Mal.
Im looking forward to watching the Dakar Coverage again. Ive been watching it for 20 years now

My brother Stephen is going in it this year but this time in his own hand built car.
Here are a couple of pics of testing in WA dunes. The car and support truck is on its way by ship right now and they leave late December for Peru.

FYI Stephen was navigator (more like car repairer) on two previous South American Dakars. 2012 2014 and they finished both times. He has always wanted to do it in his own car. His navigator Trevor Hanks (SMS mining in WA) is the major sponsor and they are hoping to finish.

Ill keep you updated with any photos of inside news leading up to and during the event.

Lots of Sand this year. it will be hard work in any vehicle

threadersmal 23-11-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motoxfox (Post 2046953)
"MY Favorite time of year DAKAR Time "

And One of Mine too Mal ....:laughing-

"My mate John Mitchinson from Rally Raid Products was in France dropping off bikes"

Don't Move Mal ....I'll send you thru my Address details...
Please make it an Orange one Thanks ! ^ton

PS your posting in the wrong section ! ...
I posted recently that no one recognises the Comp page exists ^rof

Yeah cant wait going to be epic this year

Mal

threadersmal 23-11-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riles (Post 2046957)
Im looking forward to watching the Dakar Coverage again. Ive been watching it for 20 years now

My brother Stephen is going in it this year but this time in his own hand built car.
Here are a couple of pics of testing in WA dunes. The car and support truck is on its way by ship right now and they leave late December for Peru.

FYI Stephen was navigator (more like car repairer) on two previous South American Dakars. 2012 2014 and they finished both times. He has always wanted to do it in his own car. His navigator Trevor Hanks (SMS mining in WA) is the major sponsor and they are hoping to finish.

Ill keep you updated with any photos of inside news leading up to and during the event.

ooooh that's so cool i would love to Drive in Dakar, will be following there progress for sure

Mal

slideshowbob 23-11-2018 11:47 AM

./subscribed

threadersmal 23-11-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riles (Post 2046957)

Did he have to qualify to enter ?? or run a similar event or events ??

Mal

riles 23-11-2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threadersmal (Post 2046977)
Did he have to qualify to enter ?? or run a similar event or events ??

Mal

I donít think so. However his car didnít comply with their regulations so it needed a new ďcompliantĒ fuel tank and a few other mods.
Itís been certified now and they are all paid up and ready to go.
We are all placing bets on how many days he will get through LOL.

silverfox 23-11-2018 06:44 PM

Im in!!