dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

Old 20-01-2018
dbw Pro Addict

Being a victim is the new aussie dream , well that what it looks like to me anyhows
Old 20-01-2018
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManRiver View Post
Jeez, us blokes are low nasty types. We all oughta line up for the chop right now.
one of your weirder posts bloke
Old 20-01-2018
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyC View Post
People should spend less time debating the change of date and put more focus and effort into closing the gap. Instead of cover ups, there should be more discussion, resources and education to protect the children from widespread sexual abuse, physical abuse, neglect and poverty from drugs and alcohol. At the end of the day Australia Day can fall on any date, it’s only been for the last 20 years or so to have its own specific date but changing it from ‘invasion’ day doesn’t make a damn difference to the suffering communities.
Missy your over in Dampier yeah , the issues over here and in the NT isn t the amount of money being thrown at the problems in remote communities its the management of the money , its really quite disturbing the pocket lining that goes on in some of the communities BY COMMUNITY MEMBERS ( usually the partly educated mixed bloods , the poor country folk just get a raw deal ) , everyone in Goverment seems too scared to make any change to the broken system , you try play hard ball you get called out as the big R

Last edited by shane450; 20-01-2018 at 12:20 PM.
Old 20-01-2018
dbw Pro Legend

I was on the bus with the kids yesterday & passed a bus stop in the 'bra where sat a Koori & his missus. He was wearing an Aboriginal flag t-shirt with Justice Now printed on it.

I gave him a nod, a smile & a thumbs up. He nodded, smiled & gave me a Shaka.

Good will, solid work from all of us, more empathy, plenty more $$$ & it won't matter a shit what day Australia Day is celebrated on.

Yours,

A Leftard Snowflake.
Old 20-01-2018
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane450 View Post
one of your weirder posts bloke
I have no intention of explaining it.
Old 20-01-2018
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Missy your over in Dampier yeah , the issues over here and in the NT isn t the amount of money being thrown at the problems in remote communities its the management of the money , its really quite disturbing the pocket lining that goes on in some of the communities BY COMMUNITY MEMBERS ( usually the partly educated mixed bloods , the poor country folk just get a raw deal ) , everyone in Goverment seems too scared to make any change to the broken system , you try play hard ball you get called out as the big R
I was in Wickham until 4 weeks ago we have moved back to Vic now
Yep I agree. Roebourne is a perfect example. There is so much I’d love to say, but yep the big R gets thrown around. The system is broken, the gap is only growing and the culture and link to country is fading unfortunately. Actually, I went on an excursion with the Karratha Aboriginal Rangers just before Christmas and it was the first time in 12 years that I had a bit of hope that there is some progress. Then I read their funding was on the chopping block a week later
Old 20-01-2018
dbw Pro Legend

I was just doing some reading about other significant dates in Australia.
Turns out it was on March 3rd 1986 that the States finally negotiated independance from the Queens control.
So I suppose thats the final date that Australia came to rule itself. Making March 3rd Australia day.
Surely that cant upset any body?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_Act_1986
KTM 690r - gone
Old 20-01-2018
DBW Expert

Quote:
Being a victim is the new aussie dream , well that what it looks like to me anyhows
Cheers for the new signature!
Old 20-01-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
No changing the date wont do anything, its a silly idea. But its just as silly as saying 'manup and get over it'.

Neither are worth putting any effort in to.

The settlement of this country is done, our Constitution is the only topic of discussion on this matter.

Helping people, massive numbers of people, all from the same race, get over the institutionalised and systematic deconstruction of their customs and identities and self worth isnt going to be solved by a bunch of blokes in wife beaters cocking an eye and saying 'get over it, its in the past, i didn't do anything'.

It wouldn't take much from all sides to make a lot of progress...a little understanding, a little forgiveness, a little looking into the future and little bit of gratitude for how awesome this country is. (man, i should write country songs)

Some of the folks on here are just as stubborn and foolish and repetitive as the leftards screaming for the day change.
Solid post Jimmy.
Old 21-01-2018
dbw EnduroX Team

amp.watoday.com.au/wa-news/inconvenient-fact-native-title-can-only-exist-if-australia-was-settled-not-invaded-20180119-h0l9hb.html

Interesting artical about the invation vs settlement debate ... landrights arguement would be very different under invation

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk