dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

Old 30-03-2009
dbw Pro Legend

He's At It Again

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...418&highlight=
Old 30-03-2009
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty1234 View Post
First sign of blue smoke i'm going to rip the top end (never done it before) and replace the rings and the piston while i'm at it. My initial expectation was 50,000km for the top end but seeing how hard I flog this bike - and I mean handfuls of throttle even to go from 40-60kph, every single traffic light, every corner exit, every opportunity I get - and how damn stubborn it is to wear out it looks like I might have to add another 50,000 to that. Either way when it's time comes would it be better to just wack a high comp piston in or go for a bigger bore? I redline my bike on the road between gear changes but use the low and midrange grunt more than anything. Offroad I run 14/41 or 15/41 and use the <3000rpm range the most

I guess the high comp would be much cheaper and better bang for buck, but are they any different in reliability or power?
Why?

Just...

Why?
Old 30-03-2009
dbw Pro Legend

HAHAHAHAHA

Man, I get some good mileage out of reading Querty1234567890 posts, Bastard makes me laugh with the shit that comes out of his gob. That was funny, especially giving it heaps of throttle from 40 - 60 Kph.... On any decent bike that is barely a 1/4 turn of the wrist. Oh, and every corner, traffic light etc. etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Mandela View Post
It is what we make out of what we have, not what we are given, that separates one person from another

Current ride
'10 GasGas EC450FSR

Past rides
07 TE450 SOLD
New tyres front and rear - Spare tube front and rear - New sprocket rear - Long range fuel tank - Spare oil filters - Spare wheel bearings -New plastics and decals -Fatbars - Spare clutch lever - $4,500
03 WR450F
01 CR250R
Old 30-03-2009
dbw Pro Champion

I'll say first and foremost that I don't resent qwerty. I kinda identify with him in a perverse kinda way. I'm glad he enjoys his bike and his riding experience.
Increasing compression (and altering the cam) is frequently counter productive imo: Usually done by people who have no idea.
Not only does the added compression limit the engines ability to rev freely but it also reduces it's life; due to the added stresses.
Similarly; altering the cam and it's timing usually comes at the expense of torque at low to mid-range revs. (not that he had mentioned doing that)
Adding compression by itself won't increase power if the existing compression is correct; rather the engine runs hotter and also the engine must then fight against a faster burn before tdc; which is usually counter productive; except at nearly maximum revs (when the engines pace overcomes the static timing)
Other examples of this likewise foolishness are shortened exhausts; which will then loose their vacuum-pulse effect at low revs... especially with 2-strokes.
I would like to hear the "Nutty Prof" weigh in here for his much valued and apparently knowledgeable (to me) second opinion. Vista won't allow my speller yet.

ℬγℯ.
Genius or Idiot... Sadly it's Defined by the Mediocre Masses... With their Hindsight.
Dicklaimer... The Text above is to be Evaluated by a Responsible Person... Prior to Any Action Being Taken.

*George Carlin*What We Do*No Bravery*Tell the Truth*911*Genetic Armageddon*Carbon Tax*Interplanetary Climate Change*Fracking*Shock Doctrine*Extinction Protocol*
Old 30-03-2009
dbw Pro Legend

I just don't know why....

(Oh, and the redline BETWEEN gear changes?)

...why????
Old 30-03-2009
dbw Pro Champion

I was wondering why i havent seen him on here for a while...... we finally get to see the face of Qwerty and BANG he is gone.

Come back Qwerts - we miss you
Old 30-03-2009
dbw Pro Hero

Thumper Talk Couldn't Be Bothered With The Redirect.........
Old 30-03-2009
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RippinRutman View Post
I was wondering why i havent seen him on here for a while...... we finally get to see the face of Qwerty and BANG he is gone.

Come back Qwerts - we miss you
No we don't

Previous rides - KTM625sxc '05 , WR250F '06, 2006 CRF250F, 2004 WR450F, 1996 TE410 Husky

Quote:
then either my DR is the best one the factory put out that year, or i'm just damn good. It did 0-100 in 2nd gear in 7 seconds
Quote:
ok i'll admit it, the DR sucks .. He awakens
Old 31-03-2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECKS-Man View Post
I just don't know why....

(Oh, and the redline BETWEEN gear changes?)

...why????
cause it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, that and it shifts right into the meat of the power for max acceleration/awesome

40-60kph is a 1/4 turn of the throttle, but i'd rather get there a few milliseconds earlier, its more awesome
Old 31-03-2009
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
cause it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, that and it shifts right into the meat of the power for max acceleration/awesome

40-60kph is a 1/4 turn of the throttle, but i'd rather get there a few milliseconds earlier, its more awesome

If you were any more awesome people would go blind from shear over exposure to awesomeness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Mandela View Post
It is what we make out of what we have, not what we are given, that separates one person from another

Current ride
'10 GasGas EC450FSR

Past rides
07 TE450 SOLD
New tyres front and rear - Spare tube front and rear - New sprocket rear - Long range fuel tank - Spare oil filters - Spare wheel bearings -New plastics and decals -Fatbars - Spare clutch lever - $4,500
03 WR450F
01 CR250R