dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
Tried this on the weekend

43-75 needle clip 2
30 pilot
450 main
A/S 2 turns

I have TSP modded slide and head and S4 needle jet.

Bike ran well but drank the fuel. 60 km to reserve and that was with a top up of 1.25L. Terrain was steep and it was wet and slippery, throttle was open quite a bit at times. Elevation ranged from 270 - 1000 MASL

I am going to check my float height again.

JD kit has arrived so will try those needles.
Rode at the same place again yesterday, similar temperature to the other week approx. 18 deg. Checked float height and it seemed high so adjusted it down also looped the carb overflow hose, installed 32.5 pilot AS @ 1.25. Fuel economy much better around 85km per tank, it was wet and slippery and this location always chews more fuel in such conditions than in the dry so I am happy.

Have jd kit and will play around with those needles. Any suggestions on setups using these needles?
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
Rode at the same place again yesterday, similar temperature to the other week approx. 18 deg. Checked float height and it seemed high so adjusted it down also looped the carb overflow hose, installed 32.5 pilot AS @ 1.25. Fuel economy much better around 85km per tank, it was wet and slippery and this location always chews more fuel in such conditions than in the dry so I am happy.

Have jd kit and will play around with those needles. Any suggestions on setups using these needles?
Sounds like your pretty close now. Spending time getting the float level correct is the secret to the mikuni and without doing this you will never get the bike to run consistently and so bandaiding the problem usually begins.
I'd concerntrate on rideability to suit your type of riding and terrain for the whole throttle range over economy as a good running bike will give you good economy anyway. Imo 85km's for a good running bike in wet conditions is excellent. For an incorrect running leaner jetted bike ridden in more open flatter terrain the shortfalls aren't so noticeable and more km's are easily achieved.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Yeah I'm reasonably happy with it but need to spend some more time on it.

I think I will play around with the jd needles as the general consensus seems they are superior to stock KTM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Hero

250 '18 model with Keihin

Finally got some more time today to get my Keihin closer to the money.

NECW 3rd clip
40 Pilot
170 main
AS ~1.5

It's going really well, but I reckon I had the Mikuni as good or better. I will test fuel consumption with this set-up over the next few days.