dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > TM, Ossa, Aprilia, BMW, Maico & more

TM, Ossa, Aprilia, BMW, Maico & more A forum for all other boutique brands.

Old 21-04-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Looks super-schmick, Deano!
Old 1 Week Ago
DBW Expert

hi, since fitting the x controller what is your guess for range on a typical level 3 ride, rider weight being about 80 kilos ?
Old 1 Week Ago
"The Crack Of DOOM"

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralVic View Post
hi, since fitting the x controller what is your guess for range on a typical level 3 ride, rider weight being about 80 kilos ?
This is a very difficult question to answer, but what I can give you is the data I have gathered. I'm about 105kg and am riding tighter technical mountain bike trail type terrain with lots of undulation (so NOT flat riding). Here are my averages:

Milage: 1.87% of battery usage per km, or 0.54km per 1% of battery. So after 1km of riding I use 5.4% of battery.
Time: 1.7 minutes of riding per 1% of battery, or 0.65% of battery per minute.

My longest ride in distance was 31.7km that took me an hour and a quarter (74 minutes) where I started with 100% charge and I was left with 46% at the end of the ride, so I used 54% of the battery). My next longest ride in distance was 28.3km that took me 82 minutes and I used 52% of battery.

My longest ride in time was 99 minutes where I covered 21 km and used 65% of the battery charge - by far the most taxing ride I have done on the bike. The next longest ride time was 92 minutes where I covered 20.3km, but in that ride I only used 31% of charge - so less than half the amount of power usage of the longest ride... so you see why this is difficult?

Hopefully those figures help you a bit though.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Great review Arctra. Something I've been thinking about to utilise local tracks & not have to pedal.
1 question. There now seems to be 2 distributors? Volt & AE? The volt having ADR compliance? Have you had any issues riding in MTB specific areas?
Old 1 Week Ago
"The Crack Of DOOM"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtboy View Post
Great review Arctra. Something I've been thinking about to utilise local tracks & not have to pedal.
1 question. There now seems to be 2 distributors? Volt & AE? The volt having ADR compliance? Have you had any issues riding in MTB specific areas?
Surron Australia (started by AEBikes) are the official distributor in Australia - https://www.surronaustralia.com.au/
They are the ones that went about getting the Surron ADR approved and have the specific Light Bee L1e that can be road registered. Adam had to get registered as a motor dealer in order to get the ADR done, and Australian law requires that ADR stuff. I have dealt with Adam (Surron Australia/AEbikes) and know he stocks spares, supports the product, and has integrity. I cannot speak for Volt.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctra View Post
Surron Australia (started by AEBikes) are the official distributor in Australia - https://www.surronaustralia.com.au/
They are the ones that went about getting the Surron ADR approved and have the specific Light Bee L1e that can be road registered. Adam had to get registered as a motor dealer in order to get the ADR done, and Australian law requires that ADR stuff. I have dealt with Adam (Surron Australia/AEbikes) and know he stocks spares, supports the product, and has integrity. I cannot speak for Volt.

Cheers for that. Have you had any rego issues riding?