dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > The Workshop > Suspension

Suspension Proudly Supported by: www.shocktreatment.com.au

Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by k300 View Post
I've had mostly good experiences with MPE. Last time however they did extra work without asking first, I took a set of forks there to get the seals done but they changed the springs & revalved as well. Cost about $450 when I was expecting it to be something like $150. The work they did was good however I was happy enough with the way the forks were to begin with.
WTF? That does seem like a communication error for sure. Most shops fill out a job card and read it back to you - Don't they?
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

I used MPE a few years back and was happy with the work and the price.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete40 View Post
WTF? That does seem like a communication error for sure. Most shops fill out a job card and read it back to you - Don't they?
These were CRF forks being used on an XR, when he pulled the forks apart he decided that new springs, revalve etc was necessary and went ahead and did it. End result is great, but he should have called and checked beforehand. I was a bit shocked when I was told the final amount was something like 3 times what I was expecting.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by k300 View Post
These were CRF forks being used on an XR, when he pulled the forks apart he decided that new springs, revalve etc was necessary and went ahead and did it. End result is great, but he should have called and checked beforehand. I was a bit shocked when I was told the final amount was something like 3 times what I was expecting.
What, did you drop them off in your X6 or something like that?
Old 1 Week Ago
DBW Dweller

Thanks for the info.
I will write a small review of the set up i get when fitted and tested.
Have had a excellent run out of the stock suspension (FE450 2017 206 hours) although it is a bit soft for my weight.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigw View Post
Thanks for the info.
Have had a excellent run out of the stock suspension (FE450 2017 206 hours) although it is a bit soft for my weight.
So you get on the bike a bit then?
Old 1 Week Ago
DBW Dweller

yeah had a good 12 months on the bike.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigw View Post
Thanks for the info.

Bloody Ďell! Thatís a super 12 months. I havenít racked those hours up in 5 years!

Have you serviced the suspension in 206hrs?
Old 1 Week Ago
DBW Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigberger View Post
Bloody Ďell! Thatís a super 12 months. I havenít racked those hours up in 5 years!

Have you serviced the suspension in 206hrs?
A bit over due i know but no seals leaking. I clean the seals fairly often.
it is one thing that gets over looked when i service the bike and these late model bikes handle so well.
Old 1 Week Ago
DBW Clubman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakduk View Post
Here we go again, what a lot of confirmation bias bullshit.

I love SM (Dave) because I use him... I love MPE (Paul) because I use him. ..
I took my bike to Dave and it was crap... I took my bike to MPE and it was crap...

We just went through this exact same nonsense with Dave and Paul over at AdvRider.

OP, just remember that the next 3 pages are going to be opinions, personal experiences which may or may not be indicative of the business as a whole, and that customers and businesses both are not perfect.

You'd be better picking which one you like, MPE in this instance, talk to the principal, Paul in this instance, or Alan his 2IC and explain what you are hoping to achieve and be clear about what they can achieve, the cost, and after sales/service support if you aren't happy with the result.

If you have a problem, talk to whichever business you use respectfully and firmly, openly listen to and try to understand their position, and they will BOTH do their best to ensure that you are a happy customer.

That approach will do you a lot better than doing anything more than being entertained by where this thread will go shortly.

As far as I can see, both businesses have been successful for some years, so they must be doing something right.

I'm fired up here, because I have a few friends who randomly hate one and love the other, and randomly vice versa and posting strong individual opinions on the internet based on one experience or some mate's opinion just slags off hardworking people. And just because we can type on a forum does not make us any sort of smart person. (e.g. I am a great writer, but generally a total idiot when it comes to anything in the real world. )
Well said!