dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

Old 17-04-2012
DBW Expert

Singleton New South Wales

Moving up and starting work next week, didn?t realize accommodation was so hard to find, can anyone recommend anywhere or anyone to contact. Moving up on my own first until we get a place to rent then the better half and kids will move.

What is the riding like up this way is there much local or do you have to travel a bit.

Cheers
Old 17-04-2012
DBW Expert

Hey mate dont know anywhere to stay sorry, but what area are you working in? I rang them up today and am looking to apply for a few jobs up there if they have some going for me. Hope all goes well with it for you.
Old 17-04-2012
Sherco Flying Circus

There is afew DBW people up that way i'am sure they will PM you

Mal

http://www.forceaccessories.com.au/

R.I.P Booma

Verbier My Fav destination

Club Mud#83

1975 XR75 First bike
1988 Husky AE430
2002 VOR 530
2006 Gas Gas 450 FSE
2007 Honda Fireblade 1000RR
2007 Sherco 4.5 Race Replica
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer

Current bikes
2016 Beta 480
1978 XR75 4.5
Old 17-04-2012
DBW Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cressy View Post
Hey mate dont know anywhere to stay sorry, but what area are you working in? I rang them up today and am looking to apply for a few jobs up there if they have some going for me. Hope all goes well with it for you.
Hey cressy,
Going to work in the mines was up there looking around yesterday. Suppose it?s like any small town a mines comes to and creates a demand and then a mining tax. Will keep hunting around, there seems to be a bit of work up that way.

Cheers also Mal
Old 17-04-2012
DBW Clubman

I've just moved to Muswellbrook the next town over, heaps off work but yeah no where to live, luckily I got a house that was not yet advertised yesterday straight away, I have noticed here your better off buying a little shit unit then to fork out the big dollars on the rentals, I was just about to buy an apartment for 135k but luckily picked up a rental for 280pw

As for riding there is not much, your better to travel to maitland or Raymond terrace
Old 18-04-2012
DBW Clubman

plenty of riding 40 min down the road at the watigans or mt sugar loaf, i also work up there and live in cessnock, not much travel and plenty of riding
Old 18-04-2012
dbw Pro

i work at singleton , but live near nelson bay . usually go out around west wallsend, mt sugarloaf and wallaroo(near medowie) . all about 1h from singleton. I did go out to singleton moto x track the other day to pick up my bike after getting the suspension done, looks like a great track they have there.

http://www.sdmcc.org.au/
Old 18-04-2012
DBW Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopp View Post
i work at singleton , but live near nelson bay . usually go out around west wallsend, mt sugarloaf and wallaroo(near medowie) . all about 1h from singleton. I did go out to singleton moto x track the other day to pick up my bike after getting the suspension done, looks like a great track they have there.

http://www.sdmcc.org.au/
Hey chopp, how long does that take each way, when we came back on monday night it was like Sydney traffic. I have been able to get a room at a pub in Singleton which is good for a start as traveling to Mount Thorley each day.

I have seen some pictures of the track up there and will be keen to give it a go once settled in.

Good work hotwheelmick, they are hard to find, called today about one and she had already had 60 calls about it.

We might have to get a couple of the locals to arrange a ride up there for the newbies to show us around...
Old 18-04-2012
dbw Pro Legend

Good luck with the country change,

whatya doing at Mt Thorley Marty?
Old 18-04-2012
dbw Pro Legend

Being an ex Novacastrian from around Chopps neck of the woods by the sound of it, i would look around Necknock (Cessnock) or travel from the north side of Maitland each day.

Travel is a pain but you get used to it. I travel 40kms each way to work and have an old Hyundai Excel as my work car. It gets oil changes and thats it. Cheap to run and it sits outside all day

Bloody good riding in the Watagans. Thats were i cut my teeth so to speak.

A friend of mine is the manager of an recruiting company in Maitland if your better half is looking for work down the track.

And the Lord said unto John: "Come forth and receive eternal life"
But John came fifth and won a Honda.........