dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > Beta Forum

Beta Forum My bike is Beta than yours!

Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggchris View Post
Good reminder.. I still haven't put another split link in my bag.
Chainlink's are $25 trackside aren't they ?
Fuel is $5 a litre
Spark Plugs are $20
Clutch levers...name your price

Plus fitting...

but no GST....
Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roon View Post
Chainlink's are $25 trackside aren't they ?
Fuel is $5 a litre
Spark Plugs are $20
Clutch levers...name your price

Plus fitting...

but no GST....
I am rich then!! I reckon throttle cables are about a grand then...!
Previous toys, 2004 Ec300, 2009 Tenere 660, 1996 Cr250, 1984 Yz100, 2006 FZ6, 1981 Z750, 1981 XL250s.
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Started getting the RR250 ready for Transmoto 12hr

Finally getting some time to get a few things done on my RR250 in readiness for Sundays ride.
I had never experienced arm pump before and about 1/2 way through the 1st lap of last years Transmoto 12 hour I found my hands going numb and had difficulty operating the clutch and brake with any sort of finesse or power. I reckon that a combination of deep, whooped out sand for the first 2 kms of the course and the perceived threat of the Aussie ISDE team sitting behind me going.." get outta the way you slow, gumby coot..." had me tensing up, not breathing and more concerned about what was coming up behind me instead of what lay ahead...
So I thought for this year I'd run a set of Flexx bars and some thicker grips to take some of the impacts out of the bars and my forearms and wrists and an XRC steering stabiliser to make the sand riding a bit less taxing.
I just got some XRC billet chain guards in and fitted a silver one (choice of red, black and silver).
Fitted a Fasst billet rear brake clevis, now there is absolutely no slop in the rear brake action, you touch the pedal and the pads move instantly, every time. I love controls that respond without delay and have consistent feel throughout a ride.
I scored a near new FOX RC3 shock recently and removed the 6.0k spring that was fitted (100kg plus rider) and got a 5.4K delivered today (thanks Shane at Hardiman ATV).
Whilst swapping out the shock I fitted a used Fastway linkage guard that I had removed from a previous demo bike.
I also wound the PFP adjusters in from no preload to full 2 turns on the Marzocchis to perhaps give a firmer response as I haven't upped the spring rate in the forks.
I won't get a chance to test the setup until Sunday Race* day, but being in a slow 4 man team it will allow me to do a lap, come in for an hour and fiddle/adjust and then go out for a lap to test. Hopefully after a lap or two I will have the suspension settings in a reasonable place and fine tune from there. Not that there was anything wrong with the standard setup, I just never get the chance to do any suspension adjustments on typical rides so Im going to take advantage of having a fixed loop to test on for the day.
I haven't ridden for 3 months so Im doing everything I can to make my saddle time as enjoyable as possible...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Freeride - 2 (1).jpg (37.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Freeride - 1 (1).jpg (61.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Freeride - 1 (2).jpg (37.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Freeride - 3 (1).jpg (52.6 KB, 20 views)
Old 3 Days Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roon View Post
Finally getting some time to get a few things done on my RR250 in readiness for Sundays ride.
I had never experienced arm pump before and about 1/2 way through the 1st lap of last years Transmoto 12 hour I found my hands going numb and had difficulty operating the clutch and brake with any sort of finesse or power. I reckon that a combination of deep, whooped out sand for the first 2 kms of the course and the perceived threat of the Aussie ISDE team sitting behind me going.." get outta the way you slow, gumby coot..." had me tensing up, not breathing and more concerned about what was coming up behind me instead of what lay ahead...
So I thought for this year I'd run a set of Flexx bars and some thicker grips to take some of the impacts out of the bars and my forearms and wrists and an XRC steering stabiliser to make the sand riding a bit less taxing.
I just got some XRC billet chain guards in and fitted a silver one (choice of red, black and silver).
Fitted a Fasst billet rear brake clevis, now there is absolutely no slop in the rear brake action, you touch the pedal and the pads move instantly, every time. I love controls that respond without delay and have consistent feel throughout a ride.
I scored a near new FOX RC3 shock recently and removed the 6.0k spring that was fitted (100kg plus rider) and got a 5.4K delivered today (thanks Shane at Hardiman ATV).
Whilst swapping out the shock I fitted a used Fastway linkage guard that I had removed from a previous demo bike.
I also wound the PFP adjusters in from no preload to full 2 turns on the Marzocchis to perhaps give a firmer response as I haven't upped the spring rate in the forks.
I won't get a chance to test the setup until Sunday Race* day, but being in a slow 4 man team it will allow me to do a lap, come in for an hour and fiddle/adjust and then go out for a lap to test. Hopefully after a lap or two I will have the suspension settings in a reasonable place and fine tune from there. Not that there was anything wrong with the standard setup, I just never get the chance to do any suspension adjustments on typical rides so Im going to take advantage of having a fixed loop to test on for the day.
I haven't ridden for 3 months so Im doing everything I can to make my saddle time as enjoyable as possible...
Hey Cameron. Good luck with the ride. Can you post up a website re the XRC steering damper.
Old 3 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Definitely be interested in your thoughts on the Flexx Bars!!! what were the thicker grips that you used?
Old 3 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle View Post
Definitely be interested in your thoughts on the Flexx Bars!!! what were the thicker grips that you used?
1st thoughts on the Flexx bars "..expensive !! "

2nd thought.."they're frickin heavy" and the weight is unfortunately at the highest point on a bike...hmmm not ideal.

3rd thought....can't mount handguards unless you buy the Flexx version or screw around making adapters, so for now Im just running useless flag handguards

4th thought...cant see the speedo/odo (I don't have one currently fitted anyway)

So it will be interesting to see if the positives of the Flexx bars outweigh these significant negatives

TAG Rebound grips

"suspension for your hands"
"DNA-modeled molecular structure"
"Rebound Technology TM"
"40% more cushion and dampening"

Check the picture on the packet...now Ive got a shock inside my forearm...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RR300 Race - 1 (4).jpg (40.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg RR300 Race - 2.jpg (80.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg RR300 Race - 1 (5).jpg (65.5 KB, 24 views)
Old 3 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Rooster View Post
Hey Cameron. Good luck with the ride. Can you post up a website re the XRC steering damper.
Chris

Kelly only has a Facebook page for the XRC products (no website)

http://www.pictaram.com/user/xtreme_...nts/3132959550

https://www.facebook.com/XtremeRaceComponents/

Im getting some more XRC steering "stabilisers" in for BETA and KTM and Ill ask if they do a mount for Gasser.
Old 3 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

you sure you didnt buy those 'handgrips' from the Toolshed in Newtown?
Oh, the guy I bough the suspension from has a set of Twisted Engineering bars for sale ( the carbon ones) if you're interested.
Old 3 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgibson View Post
Oh, the guy I bough the suspension from has a set of Twisted Engineering bars for sale ( the carbon ones) if you're interested.
You go to some dark places Gibson.. dark
ErmmXR400
'Oh God knows EC250
And about a hundred road bikes, mostly Yamahas for some reason.

Owner of BikeAssist Australia - free accident replacement motorcycles for non-fault riders. Current rental fleet includes CBR300R, CB500F, CB500X, UK110s...
Old 3 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgibson View Post
Gibbo, when you're at the Toolshed tonight could you grab a set of Tie Downs for Edgy Al?