dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > dbw User Reviews

dbw User Reviews dbw users share with the rest of us their own views on stuff they have tried. Proudly Sponsored by: Beta Australia

Old 08-07-2016
dbw Pro Legend

Sidi Crossfire boots review

My old Sidi Crossfire 2 boots are 300 rides old and still offering great protection despite so much abuse, and have only needed new soles recently. They are being retired as my backup boots, and I've just bought a new pair of Sidi Crossfires for AUD$375 or US$280 delivered from Bikerland in Germany. I like to support local business but simply couldn't afford to fork out an extra $200 to buy locally.

Sidi Crossfire and Gaerne seem to consistently get the best long-term review of all the boots... being on a budget I opted for the Sidi again.

The interesting thing is these Sidi Crossfire boots were about $65 cheaper than the Sidi Crossfire 2, and the main difference seems to be you have a few more adjustment options with the Crossfire 2, something I knew from experience I didn't need.

The very first check I made was the stress tests we covered in our earlier video, and this confirmed that this base model Sidi Crossfire boots provided the same amount of protection as my old Crossfire 2 boots. In fact other than the change of colour I couldn't see any difference between the two boots.

As with the old Sidi Crossfire boots, the new Crossfires are incredibly comfortable straight away. There is no need to break these boots in at all, and the hinged ankle means walking and gear changes are easy immediately. As with helmets, it's very important to test the fit before buying.

If you have a very wide foot you may find the Gaerne SG12s a better fit as they have a wider toebox, apparently. And I have heard reports that the SRS version of the Sidi Crossfires can be narrower, although this may no longer apply to current models... the website says they've responded to feedback and made them wider.

The Sidi Crossfire SRS version costs around $100 more and gives you a choice of replaceable soles, although personally I find the traditional sole lasts so long I didn't want to spend the extra money.

In our original vid about boots, we stated that the majority of user reviews on forums suggest that Gaerne sG12s and Sidi Crossfires are regarded as the top two in the premium boot range. If you are on a budget, and don't have an extra wide foot I would highly recommend stretching your budget to this base model Sidi Crossfire. Given the high incidence of lower leg injuries for dirt riders I think it's well worth investment. And the comfort and ease of movement means they can double up for adventure and dual sport riding as well.

KNOWN ISSUES & PROBLEMS?
The ankle pivot can squeak when walking, just ad silicon spray every few months if this bothers you.

It's rare but the screws can loosen over time. Either check every few months, or loctite them all when new.

Check fit before buying - as mentioned some guys with very wide feet find the Crossfires a bit narrow.
Old 08-07-2016
dbw Pro Legend

I'll add here that I was always able to fit my (largish) Thor Force knee guards into both Sidi Crossfire 2 boots and the Gaerne SG10 boots I had, but my current cheapie MX boots are narrower at the top and I can't do up the top buckle. This might mean that the better boots have a bigger range of upper leg adjustment.
I also thought that the Sidi's were narrower in the toe, but it's just as likely sizing as I went up from 46 in Sidi to 47 in Gaerne and now 48 in a cheapo make, so who knows.
That price seems very good, has the Euro dropped, or the AUD risen?

"Cockwomble" A word I'd like to see used more often.
Old 09-07-2016
dbw Pro Legend

Nice one,how much to get your boots re-soled as mine are stuffed
cheers
Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

I see there's a new 'off road' as opposed to the more 'mx' style crosssfire, it's called the X-Treme.
And 2016 Crossfires are out and about too. You can get the crossfires (pre 2016) for about $328 plus shipping atm which is pretty good seeing as I've seen them for $700 in Oz.

Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Plenty of runnouts on the CrossFire at the moment, I have some coming for a bit less than $400 delivered.
$328 shipped must be the for the Crossfire 1's?

Regardless there are some awesome deals around with plenty of Aus suppliers offering them very cheap too.

www.bioflexnutrition.com.au - Australia's purest supplements with dirt bike specific endurance products being developed.
Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro Addict

"$328 plus shipping".
Any links to suppliers at that sort of price?
Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

FC-Moto. Log in as an Aussie and the VAT is removed. Freight is about $35 on top. So $328 + $35 = $363.
https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf...ire-Boots-0002

Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

great boots
I still have the flex force that were top of line before crossfires came along.
Used at a minimum every second weekend for now 9 years.

no breaks
no splits
no tears
still very water proof
soles are fine little wear
and comfortable
Old 5 Days Ago
dbw Pro Addict

I had a set of Sidi Chargers that held up several years really well.. Replaced just because! Went to Crossfire 1 SRS; I think the replaceable soles wear a fair wad faster! Other than that great boots.
Old 5 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakduk View Post
FC-Moto. Log in as an Aussie and the VAT is removed. Freight is about $35 on top. So $328 + $35 = $363.
https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf...ire-Boots-0002
Just don't hope for a quick delivery.
I ordered boots on the 6/3 (over 2 weeks ago) from FC and they are yet to be shipped!

Terrible customer service. I regret not shopping around more first, I just assumed they were significantly cheaper in Europe.

www.bioflexnutrition.com.au - Australia's purest supplements with dirt bike specific endurance products being developed.