dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 18-03-2017
DBW Expert

RHK fat handlebars anyone?

Can anyone offer any feedback on the RHK fat bars?

eg. any permanent bending after typical crashes or reasonable weight?

Thanks in advance.
Old 19-03-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Going off the quality of the reat of the RHK stuff, they'll be junk. I've had a set on the shed for 3 tears waiting for when I bend the bars on one of the gassers (Renthals).

Haven't needed them yet - Renthals are good.
ErmmXR400
'Oh God knows EC250
And about a hundred road bikes, mostly Yamahas for some reason.

Owner of BikeAssist Australia - free accident replacement motorcycles for non-fault riders. Current rental fleet includes CBR300R, CB500F, CB500X, UK110s...
Old 21-03-2017
DBW Expert

What problems did you have with other RHK parts? I bought one of the RHK steel rear sprockets and it's been very good. Certainly good value.

But with handlebars needing quality alum alloys and tempering, I'm a little worried about RHK bars permanently bending in minor spills. They're $80.
Old 21-03-2017
dbw Pro Addict

Try them and report back! FWIW, in my experience ProTaper and Rethal bars are the strongest and most of the other brand name bars are considerably stronger than the "cut price" stuff.
I straightened a bunch of bars a while ago (not generally recommended), and the effort required to straighten the Renthals and ProTapers was probably about three times more than the cheapies. This fits with the much less accurate studies I performed when bending them in the first place...

That said, I've found RHK stuff to generally be quite good for the money and would be susrised if they were garbage.
Old 21-03-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Dunno of you'd class 'em as brand name but the stock Magura sx bars on the old huskies are strong AF. I've sent them on several cartwheels(including falling off ute in transit) & just the other day did an ever so graceful endo on an overly ambitious log hop. Thought it'd be bent bars for sure but still true!

Do the rhk bars state how thick they are or any specs? If they're oversized tapered I'm sure they'd be fine. For $80 won't lose much I guess
Old 21-03-2017
dbw Factory Pro

Tusk!
Shit hot and awesome value for money at $40.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/947/19027/Tusk-Chub-1-1-8"-Big-Bar

Don't listen to me though. Read some of the comments

Taylor, ID : "Now these are some tough bars. I hit a rock while wheelying and did flips down the dirt road and they didnt even bend.. I wouldnt recommend testing them like that though.."

LARRY H, Auburn WA : "these bars are a great price and what a deal in this economy. I crashed my RM 250 wide open in 3rd gear and broke my collarbone but my bars were still good not bent at all. I was surprised to say the least"
Old 21-03-2017
DBW Clubman

I think RHK is a very interesting study on product pricing. Quality aside they have definately carved a piece of tue market for themselves. I'm still suprised when I see a bike advertised with RHK bars/pegs/bling but it is a textbook how to introduce a new product.
Old 24-03-2017
DBW Expert

Thanks guys. It's either RHK or Tusk for me. Will see how they go. I've bent expensive Pro Tapers. I don't believe we get the value that we pay for with MC parts.

Last edited by numroe; 24-03-2017 at 01:50 AM.
Old 24-03-2017
DBW Expert

First ride out with the RHK on my ktm 300 . Took a topple 10 foot onto rock ledge. Thought they would havr bent for sure. It was a super hard hit.
No bend. So impressed to start of with.
Best to ask people who use RHK. i have footpegs front and rear sorockets, chain.
All there products have been awesome. If they can stand up to the Echidna .They are great for anybody.
Old 25-03-2017
DBW Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
All there products have been awesome.
Good to know the RHK bars are super tough. I've used RHK sprockets and chains and like them a lot. Can you remember if the weight of the RHK fatbars felt pretty normal before you fitted them?

I expect the Tusk bars are good items. They use the 7000 series alum which is typically stronger than any 6000 series if everything else is equal.

I've been super impressed with some complete Tusk wheels I bought 2 years ago. Also had no probs with three Tusk over sized front rotors.