dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > Yamaha Forum

Yamaha Forum For the True Blues.

Old 28-08-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Did you clean relays, replace them and or use dieelectric grease?
Old 28-08-2018
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm wrench View Post
Did you clean relays, replace them and or use dieelectric grease?
Have just found a thread on thumpertalk about the same issue where they replaced the relay for the red fan and that was the problem. I must admit lve never seen or noticed my tax fan come on. So that is my next step to replace the relay, or firstly as you said check the relay then clean or replace and use the grease as well, fingers crossed.
Cheers

Sent from my CPH1725 using dirtbikeworld mobile app

WR250F2017

WR250F 2007 .Gone

TTR250 07. Gone
Old 28-08-2018
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac450 View Post
Pressure cleaners are known to cause a ton of electrical ans bearing issues on ALL brand dirt bikes.
Only because people can't use them properly...I've been washing at least a bike per week for 26 years with the same (Stihl) pressure washer. At least 2000 washes and NEVER a water-ingress related issue. It's the person behind the trigger that is the problem...

OP: Could be a short from the live feed from your battery to the positive side of your run relay. Unlatch the relay bases, wash it all out and get the compressor and blow the whole setup dry.

If it was my bike I'd pull the entire loom out, wash it, inspect it thoroughly, dry it off and re-install. 70 degree Betgs were notorious for loom chafes, WR routing isn't that flash either.

Current dirtbikes: 2018 450SX, 2018 YZ250-FX
Current road bike: 2011 FLHRC-Police spec
Old 28-08-2018
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
Only because people can't use them properly...I've been washing at least a bike per week for 26 years with the same (Stihl) pressure washer. At least 2000 washes and NEVER a water-ingress related issue. It's the person behind the trigger that is the problem...

OP: Could be a short from the live feed from your battery to the positive side of your run relay. Unlatch the relay bases, wash it all out and get the compressor and blow the whole setup dry.

If it was my bike I'd pull the entire loom out, wash it, inspect it thoroughly, dry it off and re-install. 70 degree Betgs were notorious for loom chafes, WR routing isn't that flash either.
Thanks Nutty, it's been happening for a while so I'd just disconnect the battery wait a week then reconnect and all good. The reason I'm thinking faulty relay is because my radiator fan has never actually come in since I've had the bike.

WR250F2017

WR250F 2007 .Gone

TTR250 07. Gone
Old 28-08-2018
dbw Factory Pro

I've got one here atm its got an intermittent fuel pump. Its tied in with the main relay part no7 on the wiring diagram. The manual is very confusing with this, the pump is turned on and off by the ECU not via a relay. I think the main relay has the issue this tells the ecu the bike is running I'm unsure of the logic any further as yet will post up when I find it. The main relay is not listed in the fuel pump diagnostic which I find strange if you bridge this relay the pump runs.
Just waiting on a few bits and I will post up what I find.
MM
Old 28-08-2018
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
I've got one here atm its got an intermittent fuel pump. Its tied in with the main relay part no7 on the wiring diagram. The manual is very confusing with this, the pump is turned on and off by the ECU not via a relay. I think the main relay has the issue this tells the ecu the bike is running I'm unsure of the logic any further as yet will post up when I find it. The main relay is not listed in the fuel pump diagnostic which I find strange if you bridge this relay the pump runs.
Just waiting on a few bits and I will post up what I find.
MM
Thanks I will wait for your reply

WR250F2017

WR250F 2007 .Gone

TTR250 07. Gone
Old 15-09-2018
dbw Factory Pro

Traced the harness it was all ok no green death that is common on these I assume because of the wheel bearing grease I used to pack the relay plugs with from new. My issue was the Main relay only its intermittent causing the bike to cut out, funny there was one at a race last weekend same issue his main relay turned its self on and off we removed it and it was all good unfortunately his harness was very very sad. Easy fix for me which is nice for a change and cheap.
MM
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro

ok similar problem 250 18 model rear tail light just keeps coming on clicks off then immediately clicks on traced it to the starter relay I"m hoping (relay that holds 2 fuses ) straight from the battery . put a ohm meter across the 2 terminals seems to be constantly open anyway a new one is around the $20 dollar mark going off e bay Yamaha would be a lot dearer I presume ?? so worth a try. post up if it works ..
DOMINATOR 650NX gone gtr 1000 1994 gone cbr 1000 1998 gone zx9 2001 gone dt 175 1983 gone
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro

Went riding on the weekend, came homw washed the bike-so far all good.
Put the new BnB cover on and so far so good. I also covered the start button with some electrical tape, which I wont do next wash and see what happens, unfortunately can be a process of elimination. Also got some dielectric grease but havent had time to use.

WR250F2017

WR250F 2007 .Gone

TTR250 07. Gone
Old 3 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro

after some thought new it couldn't be the starter relay so pulled rear guard off pulled apart all the relays sprayed with wd40 . all looked clean .. pulled the starter /killswitch block apart only one screw ?? seemed ok till I tipped it to the side out come fair bit of water not water proof at all . put the other starter button and killswitch it comes with in that race pack . ditched the original .hopefully fixed
DOMINATOR 650NX gone gtr 1000 1994 gone cbr 1000 1998 gone zx9 2001 gone dt 175 1983 gone