dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > GasGas Forum

GasGas Forum Proudly sponsored by DIRTWORKS SUSPENSION

Old 28-08-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser nate View Post
I know how good they are but Iíve always had a unfounded reason for hating them! I always prefer a clean full surface area contact of the lug... not sure why though!
Youíve got to stop the hate, star washers are the goods for earthing

Corrosion on an earthing point is obviously not ideal, it can be a deal breaker.

Paint is a protective layer assisting in inhibiting corrosion. A star washer will penetrate a painted surface allowing contact with the base material while maintaining the paint for increased corrosion resistance.

They work great on anodised aluminium too
Old 28-08-2018
DBW Clubman

Just a heads up, I've had some starter issues with my 17, from the usual culprit of poor earthing to other major issues such as the starter ring coming loose and ejecting a bolt through the stator cover! But that's all in the pass now and each issue fixed... Until last weekend when I was on a ride and the starter was playing up again, but this time it was making a horrendous noise like grinding metal. So once I got home off came the covers again.

At first I thought it was the Bendix being a bit sticky and not full engaging on the starter ring, but all seemed nice and smooth. That's when with further inspection I noticed that the hole for the starter gear on the Bendix cover was no longer round, giving the gear too much play and enabling it to skip off the Bendix. Well do you think there is any replacement covers in the country? We'll NO. So plan B is to machine the hole round again and bigger so I can fit a bushing in there to help reduce the wear.

I don't know if the 18s have had an bushing placed in there covers but it's something to keep in mind.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Addict

You're not the first one to report this. I very much doubt the later ones have been changed too. I should look. I have my covers off at the moment!

In other news, addressing a post back on page 99, I measured some pistons up for gibnut.. The surface I had them on must have been less than ideal. Went through it all again and appears there's only a bee's dick difference in dome height between the GG 250 and 300 slugs.

Only measuring again for my head work after discussing with TSP.
Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Did my top end at 9400km , so 3500km and really i could have just cleaned the power valve up and reassembled the thing ,everything seemed happy , I'm shocked cause I drowned it something bad and thought there would be some evidence , tuff as nails these motors .
Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Discovered that the lighting coils on my 2013 have thrown in the towel. Nothing. Nada. Zip.
Old 6 Days Ago
DBW Clubman

Starter stopped working again on the weekend, found culprit tonight. Looks as though the bush i used wasn't ideal (had a split in it) and the toque of the starter was too much for it and it's now snapped it's housing. Do have a larger bronze bush which I'll try next but may need to do some alloy filling to help secure it in place.

Its a shame because it was working so well and starting so strong like it was brand new!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Old 3 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Blinged it for Wildwood (thanks Hiroshi), new sticker kit from Willmax Graphics.

Also fitted new wheel bearings front and rear, took the rego plate mount off, fitted a Mitas rear tyre and repacked and lubed the mousses...

Now just got to resist the temptation to go fanging it round the place and busting it up!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
'05 EC300
ErmmXR400
'Oh God knows EC250
And about a hundred road bikes, mostly Yamahas for some reason.

General Manager Close Motorcycles - Honda, Suzuki, GasGas and Kymco in Sydney
Old 3 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Purdy
Old 3 Days Ago
DBW Clubman

Looks like it's ready for some full metal jousting.

They're bloody nice looking bikes