dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Rider Organisations > Trail Rider Action Group

Old 10-11-2006
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffBERGer
what does sponsership get you
"REGULATED"...........

Reading TRAC's "Statement of Purpose" I am a little concerned by one of their Terms of Reference.

"Activities must be regulated to ensure an equitable enjoyment of the
forest by all users"

How and why do TRAC intend regulating our activities...??

I would have thought that The Watagans are already sufficiently regulated by NSW State Forests & National Parks & Wildlife. The current regulations just need to be policed.

FIRST AID+

A procrastinator's work is never done

"To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals courtesy, to inferiors nobleness."
Old 10-11-2006
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudrat
why does it need to "get" you anything ?
Well when you sponsor something or someone you usually "get" a return of some sort.
He didn't ask about giving a donation.
Old 10-11-2006
muffBERGer

better go and tell your boss to get on here and xplain it in layman terms

regulated

does this mean
1:stay in 2 gear
2:can only ride when told
3:can only ride from a certain spot
4:the list is to long so maybe start with just a few

in the trac sponsor/surport doco
why is it sponsor/surport
"sponsorship"
when i sponsored a football team
i got my name on there hats and shirts
when i sponsored the Lake Macquarie BMX
i got my name on the fence for a year

so i surpose this isn't realy sponsorship

so what else is there
and i haven't even started

dave
Old 10-11-2006
dbw Pro Legend

Replies to your questions

Quote:
Just a couple of Questions of the people currently running TRAC.

Will TRAC be run like a normal committee..??

What is the current make up of the committee..?? (i.e. Who is is on it.?)

Is it possible for a sponsor/supporter to be nominated and elected to this committee..??

Can a sponsor/supporter attend committee meetings..?? Can they have a say..??

Will the financial details of the running of TRAC be shared with sponsors/supporters..??
1 Trac is a normal committee and has a set of rules of incorporation under corporation law and follows those rules (remember Trac is not a bike club and will never be this is in our rules of incorporation) only a group of people who wish to push the government on access rights for forest users .

2 Trac has 10 committee members whose names i don't have the right to post without there permission. The convener for Trac is Rodney Cartwright ph 0427277888

3 yes if approved by the committiee

4 yes but we would like to keep it to small meetings, we would like to have one member from an organisation who can report back to the other individuals (Glenn) is attending for DBW.

5 yes no monies will be paid out unless approved by the committee and financial reports are available as per normal corporations law.

I might ride like crap, but I'm hav'n fun, I think
X Club Mud Member 72
KTM 2006 300 EXC
KTM 2002 200 EXC
FOR SALE
KTM 2005 625 SXC - 2 bikes in one - gone
KTM 2003 450 EXC - gone - but not forgotten
Old 10-11-2006
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
How and why do TRAC intend regulating our activities...??
Trac is not going to regulate anything the government (Forests NSW and the police do that ) we support there regulation IE must be licenced and registered for the good of all users and if we get regulated out of the bush its no one's fault but ours for not trying to rally Support !

And as i said before if you think it worth sponsoring do so and expect nothing other than peace of mind because at least some one is trying to do something to save our forests for Recreational use.

X Club Mud Member 72
KTM 2006 300 EXC
KTM 2002 200 EXC
FOR SALE
Old 10-11-2006
dbw Pro Legend

Sponsorship can mean for value or not it can be a donation see dictionary- has many meanings dose not require sponsor to get a return of any sort

sponsor |ˈspänsər| |ˌspɑnsər| |ˌspɒnsə|
noun
1 a person or organization that provides funds for a project or activity carried out by another, in particular
• an individual or organization that pays some or all of the costs involved in staging a sporting or artistic event in return for advertising.
• a person who pledges to donate a certain amount of money to another person after they have participated in a fund-raising event organized on behalf of a charity.
• a business or organization that pays for or contributes to the costs of a radio or television program in return for advertising.
2 a person who introduces and supports a proposal for legislation : a leading sponsor of the bill.
• a person taking official responsibility for the actions of another : they act as informants, sponsors, and contacts for new immigrants.
• a godparent at a child's baptism.
• (esp. in the Roman Catholic Church) a person presenting a candidate for confirmation.
verb [ trans. ]
1 provide funds for (a project or activity or the person carrying it out) : Joe is being sponsored by his church.
• pay some or all of the costs involved in staging (a sporting or artistic event) in return for advertising.
• pledge to donate a certain sum of money to (someone) after they have participated in a fund-raising event organized on behalf of a charity.
• [often as adj. ] ( sponsored) pledge to donate money because someone is taking part in (such an event) : they raised $70 by a sponsored walk.
2 introduce and support (a proposal) in a legislative assembly : Senator Hardin sponsored the bill.
• propose and organize (negotiations or talks) between other people or groups : the U.S. sponsored negotiations between the two sides.
DERIVATIVES
sponsorship |-ˌ sh ip| |ˌspɑnsərˈʃɪp| noun
ORIGIN mid 17th cent.(as a noun): from Latin, from spondere ‘promise solemnly’ . The verb dates from the late 19th cent.

Thesaurus

sponsorship
noun
corporate sponsorship saved the museum backing, support, promotion, patronage, subsidy, funding, financing, aid, financial assistance.

sponsorship is up the the individuals be it $1 or $100, company's
have agreed to sponsor Trac (in principal at this stage) if you feel it is worth trying to save our riding areas then please become a sponsor if you dont then dont sponsor what you will get is peace of mind that you are trying to do your bit for our sport
(please fill out the letter to the minister as this is the first step in opening communication with the government).

X Club Mud Member 72
KTM 2006 300 EXC
KTM 2002 200 EXC
FOR SALE
Old 10-11-2006
dbw Pro Legend

Had a conversation with some guys from here today who had the idea we are just concerned with the watagans ?
its a NSW state wide thing in conjunction with all forest users we are only a minority group (have bugger all say) we need to be part of the bigger picture - we can try to do good in the watagans as Trac already have a rapport with Forests NSW Hunter diversion and all we are trying to achieve is get a camping ground and car park for bikes, the rest is at state level for access rights to the forests of NSW state wide.

X Club Mud Member 72
KTM 2006 300 EXC
KTM 2002 200 EXC
FOR SALE
Old 10-11-2006
dbw Pro Legend

Dave
its more than obvious that you are a bitter twisted individual,
if you dont agree with Trac's agenda that's your right, but there are other ppl who are trying to do something about the way things are heading with Forests NSW, that is apart from sit on there hands untill its to late, or whinge about those trying to do something.

X Club Mud Member 72
KTM 2006 300 EXC
KTM 2002 200 EXC
FOR SALE
Old 10-11-2006
dbw Pro

whatever you are trying too achive glen i am sure it can't hurt, if you think it"s going too help GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FOR IT , BUT I AM SURE IT IS GOING TO END UP LIKE THIS
Old 10-11-2006
muffBERGer

its about the right to have your opinion,
its about have'n a conversation with a bloke and been told something and trying to put this across to others to show the diffrent side/agender,
it seems to be the some old sh1t
you carn't handle criticism or other views
there are more pepole that ride dirt bikes than are on this site
and for that matter tbr.com
its a big world out here