dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Rider Organisations > Trail Rider Action Group

View Poll Results: What do you think of the proposed Trail bikers camping/parking area ?
complete waste of effort and resources, which will do little to stop complaints. 3 5.66%
A good idea, that is a step in the right direction that may help to stop complaints. 50 94.34%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-11-2006
dbw Pro Legend

Sure seems to be a good idea. Wouldn't hurt for the signage to include things like - "registered vehicles only", "ADR compliant mufflers", "wear protective clothing", "no drongos allowed", etc

FYI, when I was in Tassie last April they had areas of forest marked as Trail bike zones. That was up near Scottsdale. Very forward thinking people down there.
Old 17-11-2006
dbw Pro Legend

You forgot to add...."No Thumpsters"
Old 17-11-2006
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
"no drongos allowed",
shit if they do that, id have no one to ride with.

I might ride like crap, but I'm hav'n fun, I think
X Club Mud Member 72
KTM 2006 300 EXC
KTM 2002 200 EXC
FOR SALE
KTM 2005 625 SXC - 2 bikes in one - gone
KTM 2003 450 EXC - gone - but not forgotten
Old 17-11-2006
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudrat
shit if they do that, id have no one to ride with.
HEY I SEEN THAT AND YES I HAVE A GUILTY CONSCIENCE LOL
"E"
Bloody $M@RT@R@E

Hey Tugboat did you see this!!???

Why does my brain keep cashing cheques my body can't pay for?

Not Feeling Yourself Lately,Well Then That's One BAD Habbit You've Finally Grown Out Of!!

CLUB MUD#105
Old 17-11-2006
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieE
Hey Tugboat did you see this!!???
"Why are people so unkind?"

FIRST AID+

A procrastinator's work is never done

"To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals courtesy, to inferiors nobleness."
Old 17-11-2006
dbw Pro

I think it's a good start. I don't personally ride there very often, but would like to think it will be there if I decide to go. I have three young sons that all ride and will one day be old enough for rego and licence. Hopefully I will still be riding and be able to take them there.
Regards
Ian.
Old 19-11-2006
dbw Factory Pro

Ok - I don't want to get into the politics of this but gotta say I have a big problem with the whole concept - sorry.

This might be crystal ball gazing but I can foresee that in the future if this goes ahead it could end up actually making us unwelcome in places.

At the moment there are a number of camping areas there and it seems to sort itself out where bike riders like to be together so they use one camping/picnic area more than another and so the family groups on a quiet camping and walking weekend use another one etc. If this goes ahead bike riders could get forced over time to use one area only and other groups/users of the areas will feel and say that "you have a bike camping area - so go use it - you are not welcome here"

There are, as everyone knows a number of riders who abuse the area and hang around the camping area and make a lot of noise when they don't need to etc. If there is a "designated" area for bike riders to park trailers and camp, these "hoons" will get pushed into this area to be dealt with there.

To extrapolate this further I can foresee there being areas where various groups are welcome and other groups are not, which does seem to mean even more controls which is the last thing we need.

After all - these areas are State Forest and National Parks and paid for with our taxpayers dollars so we have every right to be there as users the same as everyone else does. If this Park goes ahead I would be very surprised if in the future there would not be a fee associated with use.

All users of these areas need to be together to keep the entire area open for "recreational use" of all kinds - our strength is in numbers. If this is watered down by segregating us into different groups, the argument for keeping all of these areas open will be diluted.

I don't want to throw mud on anyone who is actually making an effort on all our behalf to maintain what we have now and hopefully improve our rights for the future as I am not currently contributing but it would be a shame if we actually lost ground now.

& Big Horse
Who Doesn't Need Leg Extenders

Sherco 2.5 (Kalindas)
Sherco 3.0 (I'm in Love)
Sherco 4.5 (All Mine) For Sale
Sherco 5.1 (His)
Gas Gas 200 2 Stroker (Gone)
Gas Gas 300 2 Stroker Gone
Club Mud Member 240
Old 20-11-2006
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbrooky
it would be a shame if we actually lost ground now.
G'day VB

Unfortunately, by the time we here at DBW heard about the Traibikers Camping/Parking Area development it was already too late to act for or against it. If Muffie hadn't raised the alarm we would still have been none the wiser.

Fortunately, however, things are now in place for us to possibly have some influence on the eventual outcome.

Mudrat has been invited to attend TRAC committee meetings. He will pass on information to DBW as and when it is made available. The problem he has, like most of us, he works shifts and may not always be able to attend. We need to address this problem if we want to stay in the loop. Our ultimate aim should be to actually get a DBW member sitting in on this committee.

In the meantime we just have to try to make the best of a bad situation. The way I see it, our primary objectives now are that we make sure what is left of The Watagans remains under the control of NSW State Forests and not go to the National Parks. Secondly, if the Traibikers Camping/Parking Area does go ahead, and it certainly looks like it will, we at least have some input into making it a success and possibly a model for the future.

This is not going to be easy................

FIRST AID+

"To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals courtesy, to inferiors nobleness."
Old 20-11-2006
dbw Pro Champion

Hey VB and Sea Boy I think you guys may be slightly missconstude correct me if I'am wrong.But this is not a RIDE PARK it's a PARKING AREA thats all you can still ride were you want,as not resticted to a certon area of the forest.This is a car parking,picnic area for trail bike riders with area for cars with trailers to turn and park,BBQ area,watertank,and seats thats all and it designed with trail riders in mind anyone can use it but expect to have bikes around them it is proposed to have trails straight out the back of the area too so you can ride straight out into the bush and not have to use the main forest roads if you don't want too.
"E"

Why does my brain keep cashing cheques my body can't pay for?

Not Feeling Yourself Lately,Well Then That's One BAD Habbit You've Finally Grown Out Of!!

CLUB MUD#105
Old 20-11-2006
dbw Factory Pro

G'day AussieE,

You are right, was just in editing my post to reflect Muddies thread heading "Traibikers Camping/Parking Area" and saw your post when I came out.

Yes, "Ride-Park" is an unfortunate term and probably the one that got all our backs up initially.

FIRST AID+