GasGas Forum Proudly sponsored by DIRTWORKS SUSPENSION

Old 21-02-2018
dbw Pro

Replacement kick stand foot. Exact fit.

Old 21-02-2018
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibnut View Post
Use an old Masterfoods plastic 500ml* Tomato Sauce bottle to refill gear oil - just squeeze 'er in; no mess, no fuss!!

* Obviously, mark a 400ml height on it, so you've got an accurate 900ml.
I left my one litre sauce bottle at SMW... crap! I loved that thing, was awesome for doing gassy oil changes...
Keep an eye on the chamber bolts, they use the rubber coated KTM style mounts and the bolts have a tendency to wind out.

If you could reason with religious people there would be no religious people.. House.
Old 11-03-2018
dbw Pro Legend

I replaced the bulky & hideously-expensive-to-replace Leonelli switchblock with a simple $10 waterproof on-off switch.

In doing so, I reversed the Kill & Start locations - they are now where they feel natural to me; Start - rhs & Kill - lhs. I left the Kill switch in-situ & just wired it in to the block of male pins behind the headlight using spare connectors. I sealed the rest of the block cavity with Liquid Electrical Tape (love that gear & not too difficult to pick out if reversal is required) & turned it pins-down to reduce water/dirt ingress.

No horn now, but the Gas Gas horns hardly make eardrums bleed anyway. I just blip the throttle to get attention if required instead.

Neat & tidy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3156.jpg (38.7 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3157.jpg (38.3 KB, 57 views)
Old 11-03-2018
dbw Pro Champion

quote=gibnut "Mark the swingarm an equidistant measurement from the rear on both sides so you have a reference to set chain tension".
To ensure the wheel is aligned in it/your frame: Initially (only once) measure back & mark equidistant from the centre of the swingarm's pivot-shaft on both/each side.
Then-also: With the bike upright: Sight/view along the chain to see it's straight & aligned with/around both sprockets: So-as-to avoid/alleviate any sideways chaffing.

quote=gibnut "The screws on my carb were on VERY tight, so putting straight downforce on them made sure I didn't dig out the Phillips recesses".
Those screws are likely "JIS" not "Phillips" .. So buy a JIS screwdriver or file the point off your Phillips screwdriver until you manage to buy a JIS one.

quote=wikipedia "The JIS B 1012 is commonly found in Japanese equipment. It looks like a Phillips screw, but is designed not to cam out and will therefore be damaged by a Phillips screwdriver if it is too tight. Heads are usually identifiable by a single dot or an "X" to one side of the cross slot. Specific "JIS" standardized cruciform-blade screwdrivers are available for this type of screw."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ves#JIS_B_1012

Genius or Idiot... Sadly it's Defined by the Mediocre Masses... With their Hindsight.
Dicklaimer... The Text above is to be Evaluated by a Responsible Person... Prior to Any Action Being Taken.

*George Carlin*What We Do*No Bravery*Tell the Truth*911*Genetic Armageddon*Carbon Tax*Interplanetary Climate Change*Fracking*Shock Doctrine*Extinction Protocol*
Old 23-04-2018
dbw Pro

X-TRIG preload adjuster mounted up perfectly.

Old 22-05-2018
dbw Pro Legend

If you have an Ď18 EC & havenít replaced the battery-earth, battery-starter relay & starter relay-starter motor cables with 8mm copper core cable, do it.

I completed this mod this arvo & it makes a HUGE difference to the e-start system, hot or cold. Instant fire-up.

I bet this upgrade (& BNGís) will be the Kato-killers on the Ď19 model
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B9FB0A64-7041-4006-82AE-01110D65830A.jpg (52.5 KB, 71 views)
Old 27-05-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Decent ride yesterday arvo & the e-start worked in or out of gear, every time.

Top mod!
Old 3 Weeks Ago
DBW Dweller

cable chock replacment

If anyone it looking at replacing the cable operated chock with a normal plunger. I got it from Yamaha of a 2018 YZ250.

Part Number. 4JT-14171-00
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibnut View Post
If you have an Ď18 EC & havenít replaced the battery-earth, battery-starter relay & starter relay-starter motor cables with 8mm copper core cable, do it.

I completed this mod this arvo & it makes a HUGE difference to the e-start system, hot or cold. Instant fire-up.

I bet this upgrade (& BNGís) will be the Kato-killers on the Ď19 model
Usually its only the battery leads ..
Have just ridden one with the cables done but only the battery ones and it still wouldnt start off the button cold !!
Its the only thing holding me back pulling the trigger on the EC
Might suggest getting the starter cable done too and see if that makes any changes to its ability to start cold off the button like my Betas did

Or am I just spoiled with how good they were ???

17' Beta 300rr ... Gone & Sold
Complement the Smoker ... Beta 480rr 15' .... Gone & sold
Beta 250rr 16' ... Gone Written Off .. Xmas Drivers
KTM 250 sx 2013 smoker ... Gone & Sold
KTM 350xcf 2014 ... Gone & sold
YZF 450 11'.. Enduroised ... Gone & Sold
Crf450r 04' ... Gone & Sold
CR 85 07' .. Last of the Smokers ... The daughters weapon
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf450 View Post
Usually its only the battery leads ..
Have just ridden one with the cables done but only the battery ones and it still wouldnt start off the button cold !!
Its the only thing holding me back pulling the trigger on the EC
Might suggest getting the starter cable done too and see if that makes any changes to its ability to start cold off the button like my Betas did

Or am I just spoiled with how good they were ???
In my experience, the Ď18ís ainít no Beta on the button. Mine started well after the mod above, but will not fire cold. Some people have had success with a glass matte battery instead of Li-Ion.

Ona positive note, a lot of the Ď19 upgrades focus on the starter system, so thatís an acknowledgment from the factory that there have been issues.

Seriously, I wouldnít let a kick start at the start of a ride put you off, mate!