dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 02-11-2015
dbw Pro Legend

Liking the X30 with tubliss, so far is holding up well
Old 03-11-2015
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
Liking the X30 with tubliss, so far is holding up well
x 30 is the 404 replacement if we talking rears, one of the best do it all tires
Old 04-11-2015
dbw Pro Addict

interesting, will give it a go next.

Also last rear was changed with a 2nd hand MX51 using only Vinidex pipe grease for the sealing lube. It has sealed well, but now I have a flat front
https://paypal.me/dreamfieldtheory
Old 12-05-2019
dbw Pro Addict

Sorry to revive such an old thread but I have a question for the Tubliss fans. If I switch to Tubliss will 13psi feel the same as it would with a tube, or does all that sidewall stiffening mean I would need to run a lower pressure to get the same feel?
Old 12-05-2019
dbw Pro Legend

13 psi will pretty well much feel the same the only difference is the tubliss holds the tire on the rim much better, i just got a new wheel / tire set and have not changed it over to tubliss yet i can tell already with 12 PSI front and rear that its harsher than with tubliss at the lower pressures i run and it just does not feel as good

tubliss also requires much more wheel weights it you want to have balanced wheels, my rear semi HD tube and rim lock with the correct wheel weight is around 1.4kg, tubliss is 1.1 kg complete with the 170gms of wheel weight to get it balanced
Old 13-05-2019
dbw Pro Addict

Cheers ggg, that's not making me want to go try a set

EDIT: I misunderstood your first comment. The reason I am keen on mimicking the feel of 13psi is that I find when the tyre pressure is any lower, grip and handling feels worse, not better.

If I was confident Tubliss would feel the same I would know that at least I will have the same feel I do now, if it does feel better at lower pressures because of how the Tubliss system works, that would be a bonus (particularly for the rear).

I have never balanced any dirtbike wheel either, so I won't know what I'm missing there

Last edited by >moto<; 13-05-2019 at 07:52 AM.
Old 13-05-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by >moto< View Post
Cheers ggg, that's not making me want to go try a set

EDIT: I misunderstood your first comment. The reason I am keen on mimicking the feel of 13psi is that I find when the tyre pressure is any lower, grip and handling feels worse, not better.

If I was confident Tubliss would feel the same I would know that at least I will have the same feel I do now, if it does feel better at lower pressures because of how the Tubliss system works, that would be a bonus (particularly for the rear).

I have never balanced any dirtbike wheel either, so I won't know what I'm missing there
ok understand now psi is 13 psi on a tube or tubless will feel the same or close to it, what i was talking about is lets say under 13 psi you do not like the feel of a tube tire, more likey with tubless it will feel better because unlike a tube its got 100PSI of pressure making sure the tire does not move off the rim as much as a low pressure tubed tire will.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll get a set.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by >moto< View Post
I have never balanced any dirt bike wheel either, so I won't know what I'm missing there

If any of your riding is over 45mph or so with unbalanced wheels you'll know what you're missing.
'14 BMW R1200GS
'74 Norton Commando
Old 3 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasM View Post
If any of your riding is over 45mph or so with unbalanced wheels you'll know what you're missing.
Short dirt sections or transport sections would be the only time I get to those speeds.