dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 13-05-2019
dbw Pro

Whats the best clake to run

Hi guys ive been off the bike for a couple of years had some health issues and also busy with work but the last few weeks ive brought the berg out of retirement and im loving it again, my crook ankle has alway made it hard for the rear brake so im toying with a clake can i get pros and cons i want one with the seperate clutch and brake levers i think thats the clake 2 love to hear from u guys thanks
Old 14-05-2019
dbw Pro Champion

Ive had both as well as the SLR and found the clake 2 setup with separate levers too hard to use effectively.

I had the Pro first then wanted better clutch control so tried the SLR then the 2 but have gone back the pro. Ive just spent more time this time round setting it up properly and now im very happy with where its at.

The later models let you swap the lever setup from pro to 2 anyway so you can try both if you really want to. I actually have the 2 levers sitting in the shed ive been meaning to sell.
Old 14-05-2019
dbw Pro Hero

It's definitely a personal preference thing. I had the Pro and then the Clake 2. I preferred the 2 as you have the ability to use it as just one lever (like the Pro) or just as a clutch. I never got rid of the brake lever in any of my set-ups so I can't help you out there.

I know from seeing other hand-brake type rear brake solutions that the Clake is the best one available.
Old 14-05-2019
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete40 View Post
It's definitely a personal preference thing. I had the Pro and then the Clake 2. I preferred the 2 as you have the ability to use it as just one lever (like the Pro) or just as a clutch. I never got rid of the brake lever in any of my set-ups so I can't help you out there.

I know from seeing other hand-brake type rear brake solutions that the Clake is the best one available.
I think the layout of the 2 levers was the part that i couldnt gel with.
Its set up for single finger use for each lever and i just never felt right using it.

The SLR was probably the hardest to use IMO.
My first decent ride with it was a rocky DVMCC pony express and it nearly broke me!
Old 16-05-2019
dbw Pro Legend

I'm looking at getting a SLR. Were you using it as a clutch or brake?

I currently don't run a clutch, rather the stock lever is a brake. Want to use the SLR as a clutch.

Previously had a 2 and hated it, didn't feel natural in the fingers at all
Old 17-05-2019
dbw Factory Pro

I run a Clake Prolever and after a bit of stuffing around with the cam setup it works well .
Light clutch feel and soild brake feel . Its like riding a mountain bike.

Ive got 2 x Prolevers and wouldn't swapping one for a Clake 2 just to see how it goes.

My 2 bob.
Old 17-05-2019
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post

I currently don't run a clutch, rather the stock lever is a brake. Want to use the SLR as a clutch.

Tried it as both.

The reason that i didnt like is that the SLR lever dosnt sit in the same plane as the normal clutch lever as they are basically stacked on top of each other. This makes it really uncomfortable to swap between the two and seemed un natural to use. I reckon i gave it maybe 2-3 rides i hated it that much.

The SLR is a cheap solution but id seriously consider saving up and spending the money on a Clake 2 if you want 2 individual levers.

Ive settled back on the Pro after all that. There is a lot of fine tuning to be done with different cams but once you have it dialed they are awsome. Either way if you buy a new version the levers are interchangable so you can have a go at either. Out of all things you buy for a bike i think they are good investment as like a steering damper it can be used on each bike you buy for years to come.

About the only thing id like is more braking power. I really have to squeeze it hard to get it to fully lock. Havnt had time to fully investigate so im not sure if its something other than the clake causing this.
Old 17-05-2019
dbw Factory Pro

If anyone is interested Ive got a Clake Pro Im not using anymore and Im happy to move it on if someone wants it ...

17' Beta 300rr ... Gone & Sold
Complement the Smoker ... Beta 480rr 15' .... Gone & sold
Beta 250rr 16' ... Gone Written Off .. Xmas Drivers
KTM 250 sx 2013 smoker ... Gone & Sold
KTM 350xcf 2014 ... Gone & sold
YZF 450 11'.. Enduroised ... Gone & Sold
Crf450r 04' ... Gone & Sold
CR 85 07' .. Last of the Smokers ... The daughters weapon
Old 27-05-2019
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post

I run this setup with a Rekluse. Original lever as rear brake and Clake SLR as clutch. Works perfect for my riding and has let me ride longer and faster.
Old 27-05-2019
dbw Factory Pro

I wonder if a Rekluse with the Ox Hydra Brake would be a better option.