dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > Yamaha Forum

Yamaha Forum For the True Blues.

Old 03-10-2017
dbw Factory Pro

PW80 - Keeping it alive.

Hi there,

So I have a PW80 that we were given as a sort of long term loan for my 7 year old and it was running Ok but was in need of some TLC, and I am in need of some advice. Any PW80 Gurus in here?

For some reason you put things away fine and get them out again and they don't run right.

Now it wont stay running without the choke on, so after I cleaned the carb 8 times and went and spoke to google again I am in the process of giving it a new crank seal, apparently they can let air in, so no matter what you do you wont get the idle right.

While I was at it I bought a new carb, only $25 but for some reason all of the new carbs have the oil inlet barb in front of the slide and not after the slide as per the factory original - so now I need to hunt down a bit of thin tube, probably from a hobby shop, and open the cover on the oiler and run a longer bit of tube to the carby. Anyone know what size ID/OD tube I need? No one on the internet has a pre existing answer for that, I was hoping to grab a tube on the way home.

I ordered a sticker kit as well, hoping to have this thing running reliably for my little fella and look OK too.

I have been told its a 96 model and I think it has been on a long term loan to a few families over the years..

Anyone here have any red hot tips to get these things running reliably again?