dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

Old 1 Week Ago
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivisibility View Post
The lesser of two evils, and deal with the fallout later.
That's probably a fair enough call Bruce and in the cases you've outlined quite valid. But..it's hardly pertinent to a totally avoidable situation caused by PC obsession and legislative dogma, not parental neglect and abuse.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
That's probably a fair enough call Bruce and in the cases you've outlined quite valid. But..it's hardly pertinent to a totally avoidable situation caused by PC obsession and legislative dogma, not parental neglect and abuse.
The thing is, and while in no way am I trying to defend all cases, because there were surely some that were idealogically driven... However because the stories are never told truthfully, and abusers and neglectors never ever admit their own fault, it is all lumped in together.

I was just talking to another person I am friends with her, she herself was removed from her birth family and placed into a very abusive environment. So she effectively went from a frying pan into a fire. Her adoptive mother was a horror and she met her birth family years later, and here's the kick. They are mostly drug addled, drunks, dead or in gaol.

The current problems with the state administering child welfare is it can be too clinical, and the staff suffer massive burn-out. So let's contract the whole thing out to private industry, then the problem with farming it out to agencies is it can become too personal and sometimes people get into that business with a whole different plan. In the end the decent well-meaning ones have to play an educated game of "what-if', and then when they eventually and inevitably get it wrong we all jump down their throats with magical 20/20 hindsight.

Think of all the good they have done as well, it's pretty big stats, and then wonder why all these no-hopers and so forth have kids?

Last edited by Hivisibility; 1 Week Ago at 04:37 PM.
Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro

So .... tomorrow 10am.
Old 6 Days Ago
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManRiver View Post
So .... tomorrow 10am.
Don't get your hopes up Steve, this is the same mob who were in charge of the on-line census...
Old 5 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
Don't get your hopes up Steve, this is the same mob who were in charge of the on-line census...
If my memory serves me correctly, and I think it does, that whole census thing was a complete success!!! Yep, right up there with the NBN & roof insulation scheme.
Old 5 Days Ago
dbw Pro Addict

And here we go! Another prime example of how this shit doesn't end... So something that seeks to protect freedom of speech is a step backwards? If that's the case where is it that we're actually heading?

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austra...id=mailsignout

While Senator Paterson has been very vocal in his support to legalise same-sex marriage in Australia, some claim his bill paves the way for greater discrimination against gay couples if passed. Others have questioned whether the bill is a tactic to stall any reform to Australia’s marriage law.

The bill ensures exemptions for ministers of religion and celebrants with genuine belief and allows a limited form of conscientious objection.

It also seeks to protect freedom of speech and enacts a narrow anti-detriment clause, which would prevent governments and agencies taking adverse action against someone with a traditional view of marriage.

The bill would also guarantee the right of parents to opt their children out of school classes that conflicted with their values.

Anna Brown of the Equality Campaign says the campaign has rejected Paterson’s proposed bill as it would take Australia “back decades”.
Old 5 Days Ago
dbw Pro

So its in.
61.?% Yes vs 38.? No. Fair enough, the people, in their wisdom, have spoken.

I will try to say this once and once only:-

I am for minimal legislation. Exception clauses tend to have unintended consequences.
Cant we just amend the marriage act to remove John Howards vandalism?
Not being a lawyer, I accept that various freedoms are satisfactorily protected by state and federal law; that service providers may decline service for any reason they see fit; that no marriage celebrant will be sued for matters of their faith and beliefs.
Should this not turn out to be the case, it'll be back to the barricades for me.

Oh, ... and PC turds get ****ed.
Old 5 Days Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManRiver View Post
So its in.
61.?% Yes vs 38.? No. Fair enough, the people, in their wisdom, have spoken.
Good outcome! and not really surprising stats either. As throughout this thread I just hope our joint concerns regarding how this is implemented don't eventuate, and that some sense and logic is applied when passing whichever bill they decide upon.
Old 5 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

80% voter turn out is pretty good too. for something not even compulsory. Prob get less at state elections.
KTM 690r - gone
Old 5 Days Ago
Sherco Flying Circus

THANK YOU AUSTRALIA (feel like i belong again )

LOVE IS LOVE has always been the message

Mal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 23472461_10154944291467617_730459332898371332_n.jpg (48.2 KB, 11 views)

http://www.forceaccessories.com.au/

R.I.P Booma

Verbier My Fav destination

Club Mud#83

1975 XR75 First bike
1988 Husky AE430
2002 VOR 530
2006 Gas Gas 450 FSE
2007 Honda Fireblade 1000RR
2007 Sherco 4.5 Race Replica
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer

Current bikes