dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Ride Reports & Local Issues > Victoria Ride Reports & Local Issues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 1 Week Ago
FULLthrottle's Avatar
FULLthrottle FULLthrottle is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Freeling SA
Posts: 1,071
Wombat

Is there any camping allowed in the wombat forest? Will be headed past in a few weeks and thought I could incorporate a ride/camp for a day or two.
__________________
06 EC250 with 2011 Cervantes transformation kit

08 WR450F

www.dingodirtworx.com.au
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 1 Week Ago
Gypsy501 Gypsy501 is online now
DBW Clubman
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 551
Wombat

Yes heaps
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 1 Week Ago
BIGBADAL's Avatar
BIGBADAL BIGBADAL is offline
dbw Pro Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the shed
Posts: 4,552
Firth park
O'Brians Crossing , generally anywhere !
__________________
2013 Gasser 300rrrrr. 08 TE 450 . 04 WR Husky . 02 530 VOR . 00 DT200 . 01 SV650 . 96 250 exc . 92 KDX250 . 83 VF750f . 90 XL250 . 86 KX80 . CT 125 . CT 75
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 1 Week Ago
Gypsy501 Gypsy501 is online now
DBW Clubman
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 551
I noticed last week there putting a toilet block in at Chadwick camping ground.
Just remember Wombat has a lot of sides to it, the side BigBadal and I have mentioned is known as the East side of Wombat , you have the North west & south which all have camping areas all depends which end your traveling through.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 1 Week Ago
FULLthrottle's Avatar
FULLthrottle FULLthrottle is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Freeling SA
Posts: 1,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy501 View Post
I noticed last week there putting a toilet block in at Chadwick camping ground.
Just remember Wombat has a lot of sides to it, the side BigBadal and I have mentioned is known as the East side of Wombat , you have the North west & south which all have camping areas all depends which end your traveling through.
I am coming from S.A so Greendale side is probably the easiest access but if another side is better I would rather go where the good riding is.

Thanks for the replys
__________________
06 EC250 with 2011 Cervantes transformation kit

08 WR450F

www.dingodirtworx.com.au
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 1 Week Ago
Gypsy501 Gypsy501 is online now
DBW Clubman
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by FULLthrottle View Post
I am coming from S.A so Greendale side is probably the easiest access but if another side is better I would rather go where the good riding is.



Thanks for the replys


Yeah mate Greendale is perfect there is good riding all over Wombat.
from SA down the western hwy turn left at Greendale exit go about 5k turn right at the round about also were the Greendale pub is , great meals buy the way, once turned right straight up Blackwoods rd and you have prime riding & camping to the left or right of the road.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 1 Week Ago
FULLthrottle's Avatar
FULLthrottle FULLthrottle is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Freeling SA
Posts: 1,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy501 View Post
Yeah mate Greendale is perfect there is good riding all over Wombat.
from SA down the western hwy turn left at Greendale exit go about 5k turn right at the round about also were the Greendale pub is , great meals buy the way, once turned right straight up Blackwoods rd and you have prime riding & camping to the left or right of the road.
Thanks mate that sounds like a plan
__________________
06 EC250 with 2011 Cervantes transformation kit

08 WR450F

www.dingodirtworx.com.au
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wombat gillysparks Victoria Rides 1 16-01-2015 05:55 PM
Wombat-Trentham-Wombat Wednesday 21 cowpat Victoria Rides 6 19-11-2012 02:09 PM
Wombat 29 Soultaker Victoria Ride Reports & Local Issues 0 29-11-2009 08:30 PM
Wombat 30/12 Jackhammer Victoria Rides 0 29-12-2008 10:41 PM
Wombat ash72 Off Track Talk 6 01-07-2008 09:27 AM



All times are GMT +11. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.