dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Ride Reports & Local Issues > ACT Ride Reports & Local Issues

ACT Ride Reports & Local Issues Ride reports from the ACT and surrounds

Old 08-12-2011
dbw Pro

Went to Larbert Road on Sunday

It was actually pretty good.

It was cold, and rained a smidge when we first got there, but the young one managed to start his bike by himself for the first time ever, and we were 1-1 in stacks (my first stack since getting back on a dirt bike, just fell over in some deep sand).

Yes it's pretty sandy and some of the tracks are pretty cut up and whoopy, but it may have been the recent rain but it was pretty good, some of the single trail was pretty damp and rideable.

There seems to be lots of holes in the fences which lets all kinds of things in and out, but we stayed inside the boundary and the 13yo even managed one of the loops of single track that goes down to the river and then out past a couple of massive ant mounds or something like that.

Don't know if it will be any good in the hot/dry or whether the sand would be more slippery in the dry, but we both well and truly got our tenners worth this weekend.

Old 08-12-2011
dbw Factory Pro

Hard work out there in that sand...tests one's fitness out
Old 23-01-2012
dbw Pro

So we were out there again on Saturday and I've made some progress. Finally had a go at the bigger hills in the quarry area we're allowed in and made it up all three of the tracks up the side. Fun. Scary towards the top a couple of times but had momentum and the revs up to peek over the top.

Got lost out the back looking for the single track up to the 'lookout' part of the property, but the young fella made it around all of the tracks we attempted and only had three stacks. His armour did its job though.

Not much rain around there, so it was a little slippery in the sandy bits.

Not sure what else to try when we go out there next time, although we did tool around in one of the really small MX tracks cut into the grass working on getting faster with sharper turns and using the berms. And I was practicing my power slides in the quarry and doing little ones, I guess dirt bikes would be more fun if we could go faster and get more comfortable sliding the bike.
Old 21-03-2014
DBW Dweller

Hi guys, do you know if this place is still open? Or any other good places other than fairburn, just moved here need to find some places, Thanks!
Old 21-03-2014
dbw Pro Addict

Yep still open for sure. Great place to take the family for a ride and top place to train for sand/whoops aswell.

60% of the time it works everytime

Old 21-03-2014
DBW Dweller

Do you know how often it is open?
Old 21-03-2014
dbw Pro Addict

Every day of the year, never heard of it being shut. The old bloke who owns the joint is very casual, loves a chat. His son, about mid 50's i think but looks older than his old man, is a loose unit

Old 21-03-2014
DBW Dweller

wow so you can just go there when ever? Cost anything or need your licences with you or literally just go and ride? Many jumps or anything?

Keen to get some good and either way though!
Old 21-03-2014
dbw Pro Addict

Rock up any day of the week....

$10 per rider.

Few jumps, mainly natural terrain stuff. Couple of whoops and a bit of sand here and there too

Old 28-03-2014
dbw Pro Addict

The further out you go, the less swappers and pit bikes you'll see - and the terrain gets better too (less whopped out...).

Other options are Forestgate & Ballallaba Springs, both out past Captains Flat. Both are dearer and smaller than Larbert.
More jumps, though.

Ballallaba is more organised - you've got to book in advance, she only lets limited numbers of riders there, blah blah. It's a bit more hassle, but keeps the d-head factor down.

Between the three, and practice days at Fairbairn, we're pretty spoiled, really.