dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 31-10-2017
Foot long Sav

I've been using the Terrain TX for a few rides now and pretty happy, comfortable and feel as though they offer good protection, maybe not as water proof as I'd like but feet dry out ....eventually.

Don't like a post or thread? Click on this icon in the top right of the post.

The opposite of success isn't failure, it's 'giving up'.
Old 31-10-2017
Foot long Sav

Should also add I initially bought the dominators but when they showed up I thought they were too OTT for trail riding (never had inner booty boots) and I really wanted a sole with traction, hence the Terrain TX's.

Decided to just drive to the Forma shop/warehouse (Seymour? I think) where they let me try on a few different boots and were really helpful.

CLICK

Don't like a post or thread? Click on this icon in the top right of the post.

The opposite of success isn't failure, it's 'giving up'.

Last edited by Battered Sav; 31-10-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 31-10-2017
dbw Pro Hall of Fame Member, Seeker of the burger.

So you got TX enduro or TX MX sav ? I do alot of traversing tracks on foot, and I don't actually feel like I have much more grip with the enduro sole (still fall on my arse alot).
Old 31-10-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Thanks for the heads up info Shawbagga. I was gonna jump some the last time they were doing shidot deals and in the end dragged my heels too long and missed out.
Forma stuff is top shelf. I know for a cert their Trials boots is a very well made item and holds up lasts due to the quality materials they use. Their mx enduro boots ooze of the same build quality and unlike a lot of manufacurers, they havent shipped all their manufacturing to bloody china.

Disco if you want a grippier sole get some trials bootsoles. They are made of a much more softer compound and make walking around in slop and on rocks much easier.

Old 31-10-2017
dbw Pro

I've had my Forma Dominator Comp (inner boot MX style) for over 4 years and apart from the sole inserts that come loose (Sikaflex marine sealant works here) and a pivot bolt go missing (Frontier Distribution PL the Seymour mob, replaced free of charge), overall it's on par with the top tier boots abet on the heavy side.
Only issue that l have with the Dominator series is the rigid toe box and the slight higher angle which make's shifting hard as it's hard to feel the lever.
Old 31-10-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman280 View Post

Disco if you want a grippier sole get some trials bootsoles. They are made of a much more softer compound and make walking around in slop and on rocks much easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygewd View Post
overall it's on par with the top tier boots abet on the heavy side.
Dont know about the Dominators, but my SG10's are 5.8kg including knee gaurds and my TX Enduro are 4.3Kg with same knee guards (SG10's were damp inside at the time though).
Old 31-10-2017
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco View Post

Dont know about the Dominators, but my SG10's are 5.8kg including knee gaurds and my TX Enduro are 4.3Kg with same knee guards (SG10's were damp inside at the time though).
Interesting..l can only compare when l borrowed a pair of Sidi's..still the forma's are pretty under rated imo.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
Old 31-10-2017

Funny thing was, I was trying on the sidi's at the time and thought I'll try these cheap crap forma's on as well to kill another 10 minutes. Ended up with formas
Old 31-10-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygewd View Post
I've had my Forma Dominator Comp (inner boot MX style) for over 4 years and apart from the sole inserts that come loose (Sikaflex marine sealant works here) and a pivot bolt go missing (Frontier Distribution PL the Seymour mob, replaced free of charge), overall it's on par with the top tier boots abet on the heavy side.
Only issue that l have with the Dominator series is the rigid toe box and the slight higher angle which make's shifting hard as it's hard to feel the lever.
Same model, same experience. 5 years on,. Iost a pivot bolt in the first few rides. they came with spares. Loctite stopped it from happening again. Sole inserts have had to be reglued with sikaflex several times. I used liquid nails the last time. Great boots, well made. I little heavier than others though.
Old 31-10-2017
dbw Pro Addict

How does the terrain compare to the gaerne g reacts? Gaerne seems lighter and potentially water proof, but moulded sole doesnt look lasting.