dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Hall of Fame Member, Seeker of the burger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 380EXCQLD View Post
I've had a pair of Forma Terrain TX's for about 8 months and 40 hrs ride time.
I'm generally happy with them, but had a few issues lately.

First, I managed to crease the toebox internally and bruised a toe. I think I crushed the boot between a foot peg and a boulder. I can now feel a ridge inside the top of the toebox.

Next, I made the mistake of walking down a pretty steep hill about 60 metres to ride my lads bike up. Could feel blisters starting about halfway down and was struggling to walk by the time I reached his bike. If I had to do it again I'd take the boots off and barefoot it instead.

Most recently, doing steady laps with bruised ribs on the track at home, I somehow managed to pop the inside hinge apart on one boot. I don't even know how this happened, just noticed the boot feeling a bit weird mid-ride.

I've never owned high-end boots to compare with, so I'm not sure whether Gaernes or Sidis would've held up better in these circumstances, but it's certainly got me considering spending the extra to get more protection, better comfort and longer life.

I'd really like to hear from anyone whose worn both the Formas and either SG10's, SG12's or Crossfires
I've got the SG10's and TX 2 enduro, and there's not a huge amount splitting them in comfort. I can't even walk across the room without getting blisters in a set of crossfire 2's and they're the most expensive. I think the SG's are a slightly better boot and a little more comfy, but the TX feels more planted to the ground (like you're not perched up on top of a wooden plank = more control) and they are considerably lighter.

I had the same issue with the hinge bolt. I undid it and put it back in. Crisis averted
Old 4 Weeks Ago
DBW Clubman

Thanks guys, I'll attack it with a screwdriver tomorrow...and stop reading boot reviews!

I'll still contact Forma to see if they can improve the durability of their hinge.

Our lads foot is now about the same as mine and he's due for boots.
Looks like new Formas for me, and hand-me-downs for him
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

New Forma Predators worn for the first time at a local MX practice day.
Just pulled em straight out of the box and worn em all day
Very very comfy and found a little while was needed to adapt in the first practice sesh bit after that no wukkers.

https://ibb.co/kMaGmT