dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Organise a Ride for Yourself. > New South Wales Rides

New South Wales Rides Proudly Sponsored by www.01moto.com.au Beta Sydney

Old 3 Weeks Ago
DBW Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveg View Post
I'm local Damien, and ill be honest in all my years riding up the watto's,I never knew there was an issue with direction?, I thought it was any way you wanted. I went out to Millfield the other day, what other way is there to get back apart from you the single's that you had previously rode?
I take it that you are talking about the track up from the old bus shelter? if it is I have been on paid rides where we have gone both ways on Duffy's.
I'm all up for signs telling people that's the track's one way and then tell them where it starts?
Its tracks that we have spent countless weekends and hours building that are there to link stuff so you don't have to do firetrails these said tracks are not even 6months old some about 2months old, the locals that use them and know where they are give the track respect don't cut the corners don't ride them in the wrong direction as they have arrows up for the direction to be ridden and they have been respectfully when I have asked them not to ride it after the rain as these tracks have alot of steep spots and alot of off camber stuff that will get destroyed very easily till these tracks are fully established, we are hoping to keep these tracks in use for alot of years no point going to all this hard work to have a track only last a year or two we could easily go mark out a track and go free for all on it and have it unrideable in a year but we have carried in mesh, cut away at the off camber to make a flat spot inside of the mountain and made retaining walls out of logs and trees to make it last it's not our track but we are just asking for some respect to the tracks till they are fully established
2017 TE250
Old 3 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro

totally understand and appreciate what you are doing, we have the best riding and need to look after it.....I don't want to go down the Null! is it worse than Tunks? I remember years ago riding up Tunks and it wasn't that bad
Old 3 Weeks Ago
DBW Expert

the null is a interesting track nowdays we need to get down and do some clearing its getting overgrown in spots we fixed the exit last year the mesh has been fixed but the second last hill is still a deep rut around the tree nothing can be down about that it gets little use now but a return track is in the works
2017 TE250
Old 1 Week Ago
DBW Dweller

Onya Damo! Although I have volunteered to help with track fixups, I haven't been able to make it to any yet. Roger on the Ourimbah mess. Nice single track section with the out ruined by people trying to gungho it UP there after rain. Also the mess left by 4WDs winching up sections, when they could just as well find somewhere to DRIVE. Our local area is now basically trials-only and hell dangerous due to idjuts in 4WDs who spent all day winching up a 100m hill. That and cyclists putting up blocks to stop dirtbikes...

Hope to see you on the trails one day!

Jon P

From Z50 to FR250 in only 46 years. Currently on 2nd mid-life crisis...
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro

The problem is the ďInternet ď has made it easy to find these trails , back in the days before the Internet we had awesome trails in the Ourimbah forest and the Watagan Forests . Brett Smith and brother Craig Smith and myself made our fair share along with countless others made by The Central Coast Dirt Riders club members. We had Geoff Eldridge come up and did a magazine test ( ADB ) with us in the mid 80s and word got out . Price to pay I suppose and things became very popular. If you have a good track that you donít want destroyed , donít tell anyone. We have some prime single tracks that I wonít disclose because of the time it takes to make and maintain so I understand the frustration of the original poster . Move further out into the bush and make some new trails and be aware of any negative environmental problems you may cause when you are making them , sustainable is the key . I am not a rabid environmental nut but we owe it to ourselves not to spoil it for everyone else.