dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Taddy Blazusiak: ďIím stoked to be part of this new adventure. Iíd been with KTM forever and they are well known for their work and their competitiveness, so this is a fresh direction for me and itís a privilege to be the first rider of the new GasGas era. I cannot wait to start working and racing with the new GasGas factory team.Ē
Wasn't it a Gas Gas Taddy intended to run at Erzberg for his first attempt, but somebody at KTM was smart enough to get him on orange.
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbagga View Post
The crank handle on cars argument is silly IMO. I'd bet most hardcore 4WDrs would love an alternative mechanical starting mechanism for remote trips.

I've helped de-water my share of dirtbikes(especially in FNQ). Starters were useless after a coupla minutes. Thankfully these were all pre 2012 era KTM/'Bergs/Huskies etc with a kicker. My understanding of current(ish) KTMs is a rooted battery on a pre '17 4T still won't kick or run? Seems stupid to me. Thought they had a capacitor? 2Ts are fine.

Argument I've had a few times is would you prefer a kicker as a back up for the sake of 1kg in weight(tops) or not? 99% would say yes I'd imagine.
Slavens jumper pack even comes in orange.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slavens jump starter.jpg (38.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro Champion

Speaking of spare parts prices, I just replaced my swing arm bearings while my KatoBerg 300 motor is in shop for a full rebuild (530hrs on original big end).

All Balls were $113 from MXstore, Boltonsís were $111 for genuine, and not only did my local shop have them in stock but they were onLy $95. It canít be very common for genuine to be cheaper than aftermarket, what is going on here?

"Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."John 3:5

Current bike: 2013 Berg 300. Previous: 2006 KTM 300, 2004 KTM 250 EXC, Husky TE 350, DT 200, KDX 200, XT 200, XR 80, XR 75, RM 50

Hitch Mounted Tyre Changing Stand
https://youtu.be/9docLXriMPw
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro Hero

Probably $40 at a bearing shop.
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro Champion

Itís a full kit with bushes a bearing shop wouldnít have, and it was the wear marks on the bushes that prompted me to service it.

"Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."John 3:5

Current bike: 2013 Berg 300. Previous: 2006 KTM 300, 2004 KTM 250 EXC, Husky TE 350, DT 200, KDX 200, XT 200, XR 80, XR 75, RM 50

Hitch Mounted Tyre Changing Stand
https://youtu.be/9docLXriMPw
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom68 View Post
Wasn't it a Gas Gas Taddy intended to run at Erzberg for his first attempt, but somebody at KTM was smart enough to get him on orange.
https://www.mcnews.com.au/gasgas-2020-factory-racing/
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian9toes View Post
Speaking of spare parts prices, I just replaced my swing arm bearings while my KatoBerg 300 motor is in shop for a full rebuild (530hrs on original big end).

All Balls were $113 from MXstore, Boltonsís were $111 for genuine, and not only did my local shop have them in stock but they were onLy $95. It canít be very common for genuine to be cheaper than aftermarket, what is going on here?
I've found OEM to be very competitive on spares for a while now. Bonus is better quality than many aftermarket suppliers parts.
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Yer I was thinking 2007 when KTM got him off a Gas Gas to win Erzberg on Orange.
Old 2 Days Ago
DBW Clubman

https://youtu.be/0DpQ1pHVlnE

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk