dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 13-06-2018
icebergstu's Avatar
icebergstu icebergstu is offline
dbw Pro Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fighting the System
Posts: 5,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbagga View Post
SWM RS300? Cheap & solid donk but maybe a tad heavy. A lot of Husky gear fits.
Yeah...not a big fan. I heard rumors of a 2T though...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
__________________
ADV: 2010 SUZUKI DR650
ENDURO: WATCH THIS SPACE
STREET: 1978 Yamaha RX 125


Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 13-06-2018
walsy walsy is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: yarra valley
Posts: 1,099
Go for it Stu. I had problems with turning in, so slowing too much into the turn, then the instant response was a bit of an issue over "bumps"... likely a gumby rider issue...anyhows : I softened the front compression and slowed the rebound lots, then dropped (slid the forks up) as far as I had room and put the handle bars to the front . now I can chuck it into the turns and all the other issues disappeared.
If you think its riding a bit high like someone else did , give it a try.

(2017 standard 390 100 kg numpty on the back.)

Oh, and with the creek work you were doing the 390 would putt through that and give a measured dose of shove when you want it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 13-06-2018
icebergstu's Avatar
icebergstu icebergstu is offline
dbw Pro Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fighting the System
Posts: 5,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by walsy View Post
Go for it Stu. I had problems with turning in, so slowing too much into the turn, then the instant response was a bit of an issue over "bumps"... likely a gumby rider issue...anyhows : I softened the front compression and slowed the rebound lots, then dropped (slid the forks up) as far as I had room and put the handle bars to the front . now I can chuck it into the turns and all the other issues disappeared.
If you think its riding a bit high like someone else did , give it a try.

(2017 standard 390 100 kg numpty on the back.)

Oh, and with the creek work you were doing the 390 would putt through that and give a measured dose of shove when you want it.
Awesome feedback mate!!!
Cheers for posting!


Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
__________________
ADV: 2010 SUZUKI DR650
ENDURO: WATCH THIS SPACE
STREET: 1978 Yamaha RX 125


Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 14-06-2018
RMJay84's Avatar
RMJay84 RMJay84 is offline
dbw Pro Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbagga View Post
SWM RS300? Cheap & solid donk but maybe a tad heavy. A lot of Husky gear fits.
the seat and tank are a bit different though aren't they?
__________________
It pumps one way and then it pumps the other...
you have to know what you're doing with these machines and wear gloves
Current rides: 125 trially, 200EXC, 250EXC, another 250EXC & XR70
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 14-06-2018
Oldscool's Avatar
Oldscool Oldscool is online now
DBW Clubman
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJay84 View Post
the seat and tank are a bit different though aren't they?
Yep, rear sideplates too. Tank, seat and plates all fit the bike but are needed as a set, can't mix SWM and husky without it looking cobbled together.
__________________
Im just an athlete trapped in a fat body.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 14-06-2018
Roon's Avatar
Roon Roon is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,770
stick to task

yes, the RR390 is perfect combo of grunt/revs...fit a 51T rear sprocket and go anywhere

Here's a shot of jallopy's speedo (2105 model) from last weeks ride....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3744.jpg (61.8 KB, 34 views)
__________________
www.01moto.com.au
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 14-06-2018
jack82 jack82 is offline
dbw Pro
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lakes Entrance VIC
Posts: 68
I have a Beta 300,350 and 480. I watched your vid and for that type of riding I would choose the 300 every time. Lighter,lower seat height and don't get as hot in the slow stuff. If you go the 390 consider fitting a rad fan.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 14-06-2018
Pete40's Avatar
Pete40 Pete40 is offline
dbw Pro Hero
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Boggo Rd. Jail
Posts: 12,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack82 View Post
I have a Beta 300,350 and 480. I watched your vid and for that type of riding I would choose the 300 every time. Lighter,lower seat height and don't get as hot in the slow stuff. If you go the 390 consider fitting a rad fan.
Stu, I tend to agree with Jack. I am sure you have ridden your mate's 250 Beta so you'd know they are a completely different motor to the Husky you have in the vid. You can hear that thing needing to be wound up to get moving from a standstill where-as the newer 2T (Beta and KTM anyway) motors are far more "torquey" than that thing. I'd go a 2T too - I am a 250 man.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 14-06-2018
Roon's Avatar
Roon Roon is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,770
I have a customer who has just sold his 2016 BETA RR300 Race Edition and bought a new 2018 RR390 Race and he's loving the 4T experience.
I recommend a fan kit for any of the 4Ts as well.

So to your original post, if you can get a 390 go for it !

Or wait 9 days and see if the MY19 BETAs have any significant changes, we should see the MY19 bikes in August, but most likely September.
__________________
www.01moto.com.au
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 14-06-2018
daddyrat daddyrat is offline
dbw Pro
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: upper Blue Mountains
Posts: 436
I've got a 15 390. You can rev it if you want to, I don't do it often, or just chug along,. Massive pull from idle all the way up. Super smooth, not as powerful as 450,which is a good thing I think, but lighter and much more manageable. No vibrations unlike 2T. I love mine 😍😍😍
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 xtrainer from beta dalboy General Bike Related Discussion 30 18-05-2018 09:37 AM
Beta 2018 RR250, 300 & 350 gibnut dbw User Reviews 31 16-11-2017 03:27 PM
Beta 250 2018 jetting Dasha51 Beta Forum 1 07-11-2017 06:15 PM
Beta 2018 RR - first look gibnut General Bike Related Discussion 55 17-06-2017 10:54 PM
New 2018 Beta's angry General Bike Related Discussion 15 12-05-2017 07:46 AM


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 12:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.