dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Organise a Ride for Yourself. > Queensland Rides

Old 01-11-2008
dbw Pro

thanks dv8 no excuses now!
Old 05-01-2009
dbw Pro

I think this topic is AWESOME! I have joined 3 other dirt bike forums failing to get any info on brisbane riding areas. BUT.. God dam this is confusing! Can someone maybe get the UBD maps & photo shop them? go left then right at the cattle grid thats right near the pub comming from strathpine??? like ARG!!

For a novice rider with lack of knowlege of the glass house area this is really hard to figure out. As I said is a awesome idea. It just needs simplifing.

Thanks again.

Luke (New member)
Old 05-01-2009
dbw Pro Addict

Print it out and take it with you and it will make sence when you get there. If you can't find your way to the carpark with those directions you got no chance of finding your way in the bush.
Old 10-01-2009
dbw Pro

Riding options around Brisbane

Hi all, I've moved to brissy and am struggling to find somewhere to ride that's not too far away from town. The info on this blog has been great and it seems I'll have to make an effort. Mt Mee seems to be the closest legal area - is that right?

I have been up to Mt Nebo area and found a few dodgy tracks which was pretty fun, also checked out Mt Coot-tha, awesome tracks but just for mountain bikers.

Is there any tracks in those areas that are kind of safe as far as not getting busted? Do cops patrol those areas? Is there any fire trail type roads that I can follow without too much risk?

Also, I'd like to link up with other riders, more fun and safer then going solo. I ride a 05 KTM525 EXC, pretty experienced, so if anyones keen for another player let me know.

Cheers,

Adrian
Old 06-02-2009
dbw Pro Addict

Gheerulla has a few entrances - all viewable on the map here - http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/media/park..._trailbike.pdf
The typical one used is probably the Mapleton end, marked as number 2.
Old 19-05-2009
dbw Pro

Hello Dirt Man (Adrian)
My mate and I live on N/side of Brisbane and go out to Glasshouse most Sundays. It's about 45min drive from Strathpine until where in the bush. I think it is a bit closer that Mt Mee. If you are keen to go out there any given Sunday send me a message.

Happy B/day for Friday.
Old 06-06-2009
dbw Pro

Hi all i am new to this forums , i have been riding bikes for years live on the gold coast . I do alot of bush rides there are some good rides here and around the place .
I am always up for a ride and to meet new people.

now i just need some help with my mt mee map i have been up there but to have a map marked out would be good, as we are going up this sunday 7 june.

this is my map but feel free to copy it and edit it then paste it back up
where is broken peak, c hill, A break etc

CHEERS STEVE

Old 08-06-2009
dbw Pro

Looking for a ride near rainbow but not keen on lots of beach ridding.

Does anyone have maps of where to park and where to ride around Kin Kin or Kenilworth?

Kings bore track:
I reckon this is some of the best ridding in and arround Rainbow i have found so far. Wide safe tracks good woo boys (some really are a lot bigger than they look) you have to watch out for 4x4's and roots on the track but it is a great ride a lot less traffic than fresh water and a lot longer too. Not for those who are a bit worried about soft sand ridding (some times it is softer than others)

No car park to speak of but there is some space to park on the side of the road. or it i not too far from rainbow itself if you preffer.

Sorry i am not good at uploading photos and i am only on dial up but i found this link while looking for a map. it shown what i was looking for an more.
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?ms...3e7d5347830cf7

Kings bore is the second left (once you are out of town) apporximatly 10 km from rainbow beach towards gympie.

I hope this helps.
Old 08-06-2009
dbw Pro

one more map there are some good tracks

Old 09-07-2009
dbw Pro

steve 05 xr, some of your first pics are of roads still on the ubd though most are from dayboro and the lower sections of brisbane forrest park..I have directed forrest rallies in MT Mee many years ago before the "brisbane forrest park" stuff. The last pics are better.The center of MT Mee forrest, or as you call THE SHED, is in fact the worst place to annoy anyone,...the forresters office.!!!
Enter mt mee from laceys creek road(bear left going to mt pleasant meeting point)and travel past ALL no through road signs to the top of range.Turn right at tee goes to the mt mee forrest station on sellins road,turning left goes to mt glorious(now blocked off and part of the National Horse Trail).Follow MAIN TRACK to get there.
There are tracks down to the left and somerset dam but ALL end at gates and private farmland, but Dianas bath can be a good place for a swim if your really hot.This is all zoned for a hydro electric plant with the state goverment since about 1993.
travell north west (over the grid) out of the forrest station on lovedays road then into rassmussen road to get to the Neurum creek camping area.THIS IS A QUITE ZONE.....campers, children, and NO FENCES or sound barriers keeping us apart.....get the idea.
exit rassmussen rd ,turn left at tee ,turn right at tee follow main rd,woodford jail on left,the turn right into woodford township for fuel.There are plenty of other tracks in this forrest so best aquire some navigational assistance method.
ps alot of 4wds there now be very carefull....i drove that whole road section competitive in the 1994 australian rally championship queensland round....(before the camping area existed).funny just how things change.
ps most of that ride is in the street directory, and if you can't get to top of laceys crk rd, turn right a couple of kays before and go across the causeway to the right,then tr at tee....have fun!! its been there for decades.hope this helps.approx 60kms from dayboro servo to woodford bakery.