dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Organise a Ride for Yourself. > Queensland Rides

Old 30-06-2014
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigberger View Post
Hi all,

I'm sure someone mentioned somewhere the beginners carpark on Berrburrum-Woodford Rd is not a good place to park/unload anymore, boys in blue are giving handouts to dirt bikers.

What's the objection to using this area ?
Why is it different to parking on the side of the road anywhere else ?

I've always been wary of parking in secluded spots up there given the opportunistic lowlifes that hang around there.

"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical minority and promoted by mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 30-06-2014
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8 View Post
What's the objection to using this area ?
Why is it different to parking on the side of the road anywhere else ?

I've always been wary of parking in secluded spots up there given the opportunistic lowlifes that hang around there.
True, it's all the same I spose.

Old 30-06-2014
DBW Expert

I am still not sure why they did that to the beginners 'carpark', really makes no sense.
The police were monitoring the Mango tree at the south and a carpark near Big Red to the north. Had never seen them near that carpark.
Rego'd folk have no need to hide the car or the fact they are riding.
Old 30-06-2014
dbw Pro Champion

So the police were checking for unregistered bikes and nothing to do with where they were parked.
Where's the problem ?

"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical minority and promoted by mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 30-06-2014
dbw Pro Legend

I don't run all my ADR gear so a little weary of getting a check up. That's my only objection.
Old 30-06-2014
DBW Expert

I don't run any ADR and have my numberplate cable tied to the camelbak.
Have seen the police a few times, waved hello and they don't even stop.

If you do get pulled up you just had a massive stack that knocked off all your indicators and rendered anything else that doesn't work, inoperable

DV8, no problem here
Old 30-06-2014
dbw Pro Legend

Never had an issue with the po po, have seen them a few times out there, my bike is registered may or may not have all the ADR gear on it from time to time.

Once had them check out my car cause I parked it near a pile of gravel and some nuf nuf called the po po, I returned to my car to find them looking into the wondows, after pointing out the ramp and ties downs and the fact I was on a bike, they bid me farewell, when I asked did you wanna see my rego n license they told me about the gravel trport and bid farewell, no interest in my bike or me whod thought.

Another occassion out there the po po pulled up and told me they were watching scums in the area breaking into cars, again bid my potentially non compliant bike farewell.

A few on here as well as plenty of goons ride in areas out there where it is set aside for horse riding and such, I personally avoid these areas as I dont want to keep reminding people that bikes need to be banned from there, but thats just me.

"PALS"
Old 16-09-2014
DBW Clubman

Im getting back after a couple of years off, hoping to get a Sherco 300 soon. How are things going with the Police now? I will be regod but not fully ADRd so shouldnt be a worry. Is the beginners carpark ok to park at, or is there any trouble with that. Bit sad to read that rides arent being posted up for fear of unwanted attention! Hope to join some of you on a ride soon
Old 29-10-2018
DBW Clubman

Riding from Samford

Hi guys,
We've potentially bought a property at Cedar Creek, north of Samford. We'll have to behave and keep the horse folk happy, but is there anyway to ride into that area west of Cedar Creek and access all that D'Aguilar forest between Samford and Dayboro?

Thanks,
Dan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-10-29_16-20-16.jpg (77.9 KB, 23 views)
Old 29-10-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Is there any good riding around Airlie Beach??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk