dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

View Poll Results: would you post more rides AND honor the number limits on other posted rides ?
Yes - I would post more rides AND I will honour 'limited number' rides 26 52.00%
I wont post more rides, but I will honour 'limited number' rides 23 46.00%
No - I wont post more rides AND I wont honour the numbers 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-04-2007
dbw Pro Legend

I think it has been at least 2 months since i have seen a grade 2 ride posted up.

I posted a ride last week. :confuseed:

Clampy did one as well.

There is a Moondara ride this weekend for a beginners isnt there?

These are all pretty casual rides.
Old 21-04-2007
Banned

OK here's a Question for all you capped rides advocates?

You post a ride as a 6 person ride. Two no-hopers put their names down and they get put on roll call. Then the two coolest dudes on the web pm you to get on the ride. Do you bump the loosers?

Hows about the poor bugger who always seems to get the story "we would love to have you on the ride mate but we said six so six it is - maybe next time" How good is that guy going to feel - and it kinda goes against everything DBW is about.

I'm all for private rides with your mates (like Shrek said); 5 ot of 7 of my rides are with mates - that way if we get lost or want to take a long smoko under a tree we can do so without feeling that we are posibly screwing up someone (that we don't know very well) else's ride. I don't post rides because I'm a slow rider and it is usually expected that the poster will lead, and besides I generally don't know my way around the parks much. But I will join a ride if I can - especially if it is with a 'local' who can show us some of the less-travelled trails n stuff.

I think that if anyone posts a ride they are sending out an OPEN invitation and must accept the good and the bad. So far this is not a cliquey forum; i'm sure that it will eventually become so as it gets older.
Old 21-04-2007
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdog View Post
I think it has been at least 2 months since i have seen a grade 2 ride posted up.

I posted a ride last week. :confuseed:

Clampy did one as well.

There is a Moondara ride this weekend for a beginners isnt there?

These are all pretty casual rides.

i mean the inbetween rides that 80% of us want to do..

its either a beginners ride where shit loads of riders turn up or a grade 3-4 ride that most arent to keen on because we dont want to slow people down
Old 21-04-2007
dbw CapitalClown

I've been on a few rides lately between 10 an 20 and have realy enjoyed the social aspect, I think I enjoy it no matter how many there are!
84 XL 250
98 WR 200
06 EC300
Current 08 WR450F....Bigshaggynuts!

CLUB MUD 479

https://www.dsmra.asn.au/index.php
Old 21-04-2007
dbw Pro Addict

You don't bump people to include other riders, it is just not done.

If you post a ride and say "10 max", then it is 10 max, simple. It is not like you are getting paid to lead the ride, it is also your time you are putting aside. Remembering you may be inviting a number of people you dont know, on bikes that might not be maintained and have different ideas about what they expect on a ride.

Well, if it is an open invitation and people dont pay attention to things required, like fuel range and start times and decide to roll up over the maximum preferred numbers etc. then I for one wont go out of my way to ride with them again and would think twice about putting a ride on!

As for the poor bugger that misses out all the time, tuff luck. He should of got in sooner.

It is not like posting and leading a ride should be expected. If you are lucky enough to attend a posted ride you should be greatful someone is able to lead and show you around the area. I wonder how many people on this forum expect rides to be posted because they are too lazy to head into the bush and find the good tracks and learn there way around?

I did a DBW ride a while ago and one of the invitees was slow to get going and mucking around and he said something like "If I hold you guys up then you will all remember me!" That is not fair for the rest of the group and I wont be going out of my way to ride with him again....
Old 21-04-2007
dbw Jamo CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyt View Post

I did a DBW ride a while ago and one of the invitees was slow to get going and mucking around and he said something like "If I hold you guys up then you will all remember me!" That is not fair for the rest of the group and I wont be going out of my way to ride with him again....

Im sorry Pauly....It wont happen again
Old 21-04-2007
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffro View Post
Im sorry Pauly....It wont happen again

Can I have that in writing.........ohh, it is!!!!!
Old 22-04-2007
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepstar View Post
i mean the inbetween rides that 80% of us want to do..

its either a beginners ride where shit loads of riders turn up or a grade 3-4 ride that most arent to keen on because we dont want to slow people down
I have not found that at all.
I am a slow to steady rider and have attended a big organised ride and knew what i was up against and was prepared for all the issues with large grouped rides. I have also attended plenty of posted up toolshed rides and there tends to be a maximum of 10 riders. I think the real trick to posting rides where you dont want 30 riders turning up is not to post them too early before the actual ride. Post them up on a thursday night if you dont want too many to attend
Old 22-04-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyt View Post
If you are lucky enough to attend a posted ride you should be greatful someone is able to lead and show you around the area. I wonder how many people on this forum expect rides to be posted because they are too lazy to head into the bush and find the good tracks and learn there way around?

That bit about being too LAZY is just bullshit, and uncharacteristically arrogant of you. Most people who don't know an area travel the main roads, find a trail or two get horribly lost, travel around in circles hitting dead ends everywhere and probably only accidentally find the really cool stuff (and have no idea how to find it again). To know an area well takes years. Not everybody has been riding for years, and some people can only ride every few weeks or so. It makes sense to have a seasoned local to show them the ropes.

Knowledge is worth nothing unless it is shared. Your last few posts have given the impression that you are fed up of people "sponging" your knowledge off you (making you lead etc) and that you aren't getting the recognition you think is warranted (gratefulness), and that you have no patience with people who may just be making light of an embarrassing situation (the guy who was late and holding every one up). This is not your usual style of post, and I would imagine out of character. I have no doubt that you are a top bloke and would wait patiently while some poor bugger on an XR kicks it desperately without it starting for 15 minutes (that will seem like half and hour to the guy). Did ya have a bad day by any chance?
Old 22-04-2007
Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Fossil View Post
NO !

Now go away !
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr that's better