dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Organise a Ride for Yourself. > ACT Rides

ACT Rides Organise a ride in the ACT and Surrounds

Old 26-11-2013
dbw Factory Pro

Done and Dusted

Some pics of the weekend courtesy of Jim, one of the riders - the rest of us were too busy roosting

http://s136.photobucket.com/user/cho...?sort=3&page=1

All I can say is that Wattsy is a fckin top rider and a funny bastard too - his humour is a dry as the ground out there and he all put us in our places more than once. He didnt let up on us and pushed anyone who was being a 'lame':

Favourite moments for me:
  • Watching Shane nail the corner ruts getting faster and faster and faster
  • The drag race exercise, basically an MX start, four at a time, teaching us how to put the power to the ground
  • Wattsy bagging me out for my whiskey throttle antics during the front wheel slide exercise
  • Wattsy bagging Klee continuously for using a automatic (rekluse) clutch
  • The Watts dialogue and sound effects...Brorp, brorp, brorp, pin it!, hell yeah!, maaaate, etc etc.
  • Wattsy's answer to one riders question: 'Shane, i'm trying to lift the front and its either too much or not enough ' Shane's reply 'Mate, its a shit bike?sorry but they're just a shit bike' guess which bike he was talking about/ ' started with H.
  • Stoppies

Thats about it from me, was a top weekend and i learnt some tips which I hope i have the disciple to practice. Keep roosting!
Old 26-11-2013
dbw Pro Legend

I bet he wouldn't have said they are a shit bike if he was sponsored by them.
Old 26-11-2013
DBW Dweller

Cool pics...would have been a great experience
Old 26-11-2013
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocau View Post
Sorry dude - no offence meant, that's just what he said, we all had a good laugh-even the guy and the other Husky riders.

Long live Husky!
Old 27-11-2013
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocau View Post

I remember Mick Cook giving his honest opinions of the 1997 CR 250 he was contracted to ride for Honda.

"worst bike I have ever riden" or somethign along those lines pretty sure he started his relationship riding Kawasaki the next week after Honda sacked him
Old 27-11-2013
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow View Post
I remember Mick Cook giving his honest opinions of the 1997 CR 250 he was contracted to ride for Honda.

"worst bike I have ever riden" or somethign along those lines pretty sure he started his relationship riding Kawasaki the next week after Honda sacked him
he he...
I remember David Knight riding for BMW and struggling with results calling the BMW a piece of shit....... everybody bagged Knighter calling him a has been, so he went and bought a KX450 out of his own pocket went and won the next round of the GNCC on it....

funnily enough, the features of that shit BMW that pretty quickly disappeared off the market live on in the husky 449/511
Old 27-11-2013
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawill View Post
the features of that shit BMW that pretty quickly disappeared off the market live on in the husky 449/511
the 449 was the culprit in question...Kearney and Phillips do well on the 310, so it must be OK (with the factory behind you ). I really didn't like the stock 2011 one that I rode. As Wattsy said, the new Huskys will be bitchin...

BTW. Shane was riding one of his old 97 KTM 125s, fresh from a photo shoot with Grabbo - I think it was Dirt Action mag.