dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > GasGas Forum

GasGas Forum Proudly sponsored by DIRTWORKS SUSPENSION

Old 10-12-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocams View Post
You blokes wanna swap for a 2018 GP with 162 hrs?
Yeah yeah rub it in! I'm doing me best but hard to find people to ride with in Summer here. Bunch of girly boys. Might be some solo trips over Xmas/NY cutting in me new trails.
Old 10-12-2018
dbw Pro Addict

You're always rackin up the hours Sean!!

I'm still chasing the electrics on my 2013.. 3 regulators tried and none will trim the voltage.. Time to try after market or something.. or two of the bastards.. Solid earth too.. got me farrked and some.

And no power getting to indicators.. maybe to flasher unit.. Headlight yep! Need to pull the switch block down and probe from there a bit..

And the old **** has been throwing an dtc at me which has me scratching my head.

When it rains it pours.. and it's been pouring!! And raining too.. which means I should take that new bike, blow off some steam and get it muddy!!!
Old 15-12-2018
DBW Clubman

Got her wet'n'muddy!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Old 20-12-2018
dbw Pro Legend

That looks like such a fun day out Chop, like kids playing in the rain kinda fun.

Had mine on the MX track today at Park4MX for a bit of a run with the kids. Had a great afternoon until I broke a footpeg and the daughters 125 seized a crank. $$ at xmas...

Met the dude from Two Stroke Pipe Repairs, seems like a decent guy and maybe heading out for a loop late tomorrow afternoon.

Laurie Day form Days MPE (GG Dealer) left a message on my phone when we were cruising home. "Got a new peg for you already, pulled it off one of the bikes on the floor, come get it, we'll get it replaced under warranty."
WTAF, hadn't even rung him yet!

Quick edit, Keg rang Mr TSPR just as he was leaving the track and the broken GG peg was mentioned. Keg shortly after rang Laurie at Days MPE, who then called me to get me to pick up the new part. Small world, cant beat that service.

Last edited by slideshowbob; 20-12-2018 at 08:30 PM.
Old 21-12-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Jeebuz that's some service!
Old 22-12-2018
DBW Clubman

Christmas came early for this little gas gas!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Old 31-12-2018
dbw Factory Pro

Got it out for a ride first time in 3 months
40km last night
and 100km today
Old 06-01-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Solid day at an MX park, 4 hours later and I still have a grin.
Old 15-01-2019
dbw Pro Addict

Hooo bloody rah!! Picked this sweet heart up around 5 months ago on run out! Big thanks to my local dealer! 2018 EC250

GG Chris looked after me in the protective department. Ptech rad braces and AXP extreme bash plate! Had a few clearance issues with the tank and radiator water outlets, resolved easily enough.

Dave at TSP worked the head over! Bit of miscommunication and average samples sent down (2 strands twisted = hard to measure at the edge) resulted in the head having to travel the country twice. In the end got what I was after though.

Carb floats were close from factory, little tweak only. A bit of re-routing of cables and breathers etc. Most of the electrical system pulled down, dielectric grease here and there and things tidied up. Choke cable removed and plunger fitted. Jetting ball parked at 42 NEDW#2 175 (or 178 main, whatever was in there).

Motion Pro captive cable routed behind the bars, Renthal twin walls taken from spares, along with my fav grips and bar pad.

P3 pipe guard taken from old stock! and LHS PV 8mm spacer added to increase chamber volume off the pipe.

13-50 gearing fitted prior to riding from OEM 13-48.

.................................................. ........................

Finally got out for a ride after much anticipation. What a beauty! I put 4 hours on her. I didn't stop to adjust the suspension clickers.. NOT ONCE! and that's from someone who usually can't help but fiddle and has done their own revalves. Suspension is great. Not harsh, but not soft. Just works. Balance front to back was great with enough weight up front to keep the steering sharp, but enough stability that you could really get into it and hit things hard.

Engine is pretty soft off the bottom. I had TSP set the comp ratio a fair bit lower than they usually would, coupled with a tight squish. So bottom end performance is as expected. Nice and tractorable.. responds very well to clutching. Pulls smoothly into a meaty mid range and a very strong top end that feels like it doesn't want to sign off! This is how a 250 should feel to me!

Fuel economy was right on par.. Little bit of spooge running down the cap at the end of the day, but nothing excessive.

Overall I'm stoked. Felt right at home as soon as I jumped into the cockpit. Even after being off the bike for more than 6 months I felt like I'd never stopped and was back to riding as well as I've been able to (not that great!).

Just need to pick up a few spare air filters, and replace the rubber once the stockies are worn out. Lot of bang for ya buck here!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 50110563_1070478779818954_4858891189090254848_n.jpg (143.0 KB, 21 views)
Old 15-01-2019
dbw Pro Addict

Ahh forgot to mention the YZ kick starter.. and the G2 Ergo quick pull throttle! All the gear, no idea!