dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Hmmm, I cant see any video in fact all your videos have disappeared.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
DBW Clubman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jallopy View Post
Hmmm, I cant see any video in fact all your videos have disappeared.
They're still working for me
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 380EXCQLD View Post
They're still working for me
Ok what do I have to turn on?

Computer shop put a new hard drive in etc and upgraded to windows 10 last week?
Old 4 Weeks Ago
DBW Clubman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jallopy View Post
Ok what do I have to turn on?

Computer shop put a new hard drive in etc and downgraded to windows 10 last week?
...I'd say it's all down hill from here
My Surface Pro was running windows 10 until today, now it's just not running
Old 3 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

merry consumerist season everyone, hope you and your family enjoy the hols!

this is just the same old festive seasons vid courtesy of tim coleman as last year....

Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

A shocking start to 2019... 13 dirt riders down in the world's worst dirt bike crash.

Experts are blaming whiskey throttle... share with a riding buddy at risk.

Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Sony Vegas Movie Studio/Vegas Pro video editing software review

Only of interest if you are into editing...

Many have asked me for video editing software recommendations over the years. Unfortunately i started with Sony Vegas four years ago... it was cheap and got the job done but it was a bit slow and clunky.

As I upgraded there were better features but it became increasingly unstable to the point where I was saving my work every 30 seconds and doing a backup file every 10 minutes. Sony has now been bought out by Vegas Creative software and I'm using Vegas Pro 15. It crashes every 10 minutes on average, if I turn off the GPU acceleration it crashes less often... every 30 minutes or so. Unfortunately I have to stick with it as I use my older work files quite a bit.

I should add that some users don't experience crashing, but they seem to be in the minority. My situation is a new very fast quad core computer designed for gaming/editing and I HAVE run through all the usual 'solutions'. Too many users find this software unreliable for it to be a good choice, in my opinion.

Not having used other programs, I can't make definite recommendations. But here are some tips....

Free software for beginners? Super easy to use and make something basic: iMovie for Mac users, Windows Movie Maker for PCs.

Free but advanced software? As you get serious about editing you start to want all the bells and whistles of the professional software. You can still get completely free programs that do a good job apparently. Avoid the free trials versions of expensive software, check out genuinely free ones like HitFilm Express, OpenShot, DaVinci Resolve and ShotCut for starters.

Happy to spend up to $200? I haven't tried it personally but I have heard very good things from friends about Cyberlink Power Director. It's almost as cheap as the Vegas stuff, renders videos much faster and appears to be very stable.

But this video editing thing is a huge area and i'm no expert so do your own research!
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Incredible footage from our week in the alpine regions near the Alaskan border. A huge thanks to Davin Jones for his drone videos!

Wishing all my dirt riding brothers and sisters a great 2019....

Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bergman View Post
Incredible footage from our week in the alpine regions near the Alaskan border. A huge thanks to Davin Jones for his drone videos!

Wishing all my dirt riding brothers and sisters a great 2019....

Just awesome.
Old 5 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Do neck braces work for dirt riders?

There isn't much in the way of decent research on neck braces and how effective they are for dirt riders, so I trawled through the existing research and tried to make some sense of it all.

In a nutshell? The research from Dr Leatt appears to be very thorough and finds that neck braces do work. But of course Dr Leatt designs and sells neck braces so it doesn't really qualify as independent research. Independent studies seem to vary between finding no evidence to some evidence for neck braces working, they all say that more exploration needs to be done in this area.

And there's one informal study put together by EMT workers which looks like a slam dunk case for buying a neck brace... but the methodology and analysis is very weak so it's hard to trust their conclusions. See the links below if you'd like to check it all out further.

https://ibrc.osu.edu/wp-content/uplo...hyanarayan.pdf
https://trid.trb.org/view/1222807
https://www.researchgate.net/publica...orcycle_Riders
https://www.leatt.com/product_upload...FINAL_rev1.pdf
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4617221/
http://www.directmotocross.com/neck-...lakes-ems-inc/