dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

Old 6 Days Ago
DBW Pro Champion Breeder

I've had extensive experience with the boosters that Telstra retail having sold significant numbers since launch.

Max I'd suggest checking out the Cel-Fi Stationary with a Yagi (directional) antenna with a roof mount kit, you can install yourself, just use the WaveX App to tune it. If you need more info PM me.

https://www.powertec.com.au/cel-fi-g...ding-lpda-pack
A kit like this will maximise signal for all devices in your abode.

I've been using the Cel-Fi Go (Mobile) in my ute for the last 3 months and I have certainly noticed the difference in fringe areas. I also bought a 240 power pack for it & pull it out the ute and use it in my weekender.
Old 5 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl360 View Post
I've had extensive experience with the boosters that Telstra retail having sold significant numbers since launch.

Max I'd suggest checking out the Cel-Fi Stationary with a Yagi (directional) antenna with a roof mount kit, you can install yourself, just use the WaveX App to tune it. If you need more info PM me.

I've been using the Cel-Fi Go (Mobile) in my ute for the last 3 months and I have certainly noticed the difference in fringe areas. I also bought a 240 power pack for it & pull it out the ute and use it in my weekender.
Al, I could not find anything called WaveX? Is it to determine the direction of your closest mobile tower?
Old 5 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:

Sent you a PM
Old 5 Days Ago
DBW Pro Champion Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newy1234 View Post
Al, I could not find anything called WaveX? Is it to determine the direction of your closest mobile tower?
Apologies Newy, the correct name for the App is Cel -Fi Wave available in both the Apple & Google Stores. Its used to adjust the settings of your Cel-Fi device.

Tower locations are available at the below website but it wont tell you which carrier. https://web.acma.gov.au/rrl/site_proximity.main_page
In Telstra's case the coverage map at the below website is as accurate as anything you will find publicly available & I have zero interest in anyones points of contention
https://www.telstra.com.au/coverage-...s/our-coverage
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
& I have zero interest in anyones points of contention
A proud Telstra attitude....

"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical minority and promoted by mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 4 Days Ago
DBW Pro Champion Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8 View Post
A proud Telstra attitude....
Perhaps you misinterpreted what I meant by the above comment, so I will expand......
I cannot resolve any disputes in regards to the claimed coverage on the website and peoples own experiences which will vary due to a number of factors, therefore save your breath/typing as I cannot resolve them.

Am I proud of the work I do for the company I work for? Yes
That also doesn't make me blind to the reality of my place of employment or the broader industry. I will however focus my efforts on areas where I can make a difference in achieving outcomes.

I'm also quite happy to help a fellow DBWer with my knowledge & expertise in the same way that other DBWers have helped me previously, without thought of public thanks or reward
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Tower locations and what they are here
https://oztowers.com.au/Home/Query
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedsar View Post
I also use the Aus Phone Towers app on my phone.
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedsar View Post
While that site is simple to follow and straightforward I wouldn't rely on its currency. It's data is drawn from the ACMA site but there's no indication of how often it's updated.
The ACMA site lists all currently licensed equipment but requires a bit of interpretation using the licensee, frequency and emission designator information to determine whose service it is and what service it is.

"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical minority and promoted by mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 4 Days Ago
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Perhaps you misinterpreted what I meant by the above comment, so I will expand......
I cannot resolve any disputes in regards to the claimed coverage on the website and peoples own experiences which will vary due to a number of factors, therefore save your breath/typing as I cannot resolve them.

Am I proud of the work I do for the company I work for? Yes
That also doesn't make me blind to the reality of my place of employment or the broader industry. I will however focus my efforts on areas where I can make a difference in achieving outcomes.

I'm also quite happy to help a fellow DBWer with my knowledge & expertise in the same way that other DBWers have helped me previously, without thought of public thanks or reward
My comment was mostly tongue in cheek, maybe partly influenced by my dealing with Telstra people at many levels going back many years. No offence intended.

But next time you're at a Telstra love in/group hug can you ask the experts to make their coverage map as user friendly as the Optus one, but without the need to input an IMEI