dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Ride Reports & Local Issues > New South Wales Ride Reports & Local Issues

New South Wales Ride Reports & Local Issues Proudly Sponsored by www.01moto.com.au Beta Sydney

Old 11-06-2019
dbw Pro

Belanglo Dirt Bike Ride Report

Went for a ride Belanglo State Forest ride on Saturday.

Was good, not too much dust since was raining during the week.

Some nice open fire trails and single tracks. Pretty easy going ride.

Here is video footage for some of the morning.

https://youtu.be/dvTAlYqkaQ0

John
Old 11-06-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Rode there a few weeks back.......some flowy singles, a couple of nice tech bits but nothing hard..........but......thatís f*$,1ng Ranger

http://www.shmotorcyclecentre.com.au
http://www.mitas-moto.com
Old 11-06-2019
dbw Pro

yeah absolutely agree, pretty easy going ride.

The ranger I suppose he is doing his job - heard he takes down everyones plates, and checks all plates once he gets back to office....last time he gave me warning about having my number plate mounted on my backpack illegally, as needs be mounted on bike...I did try to explain that last time I rode bike fell on me and cut my pants and leg so was doing so to not get hurt (yes technically should not fall or let bike fall on me) guess fine if have regoed bike eh?
Old 13-06-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Hey John what resolution and angle have you set the GoPro to? It's a nice image. Wide/Narrow/Linear..?
Old 13-06-2019
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel View Post
Hey John what resolution and angle have you set the GoPro to? It's a nice image. Wide/Narrow/Linear..?
Recorded with following settings:
- 2.7k / 50fps
- FOV wide
- low light auto
- stabilisation on
- protune on
- shutter auto
- ISO range 100 to 1600 (else gets really grainy greater than 1600)
- sharpness medium
- gropro colors

As first time I have used, may need some tweaking but definitely is better in qualityand flexibility compared to my old ContourHD and Garmin Virb ultra 30. Thinking next time to try linear (smaller FOV), sharpness low and max ISO to 800..

In my opinion, the new gopro "in camera" stabilisation is absolutely brilliant! though think need work on the colors as seems a little dull and trying to avoid video editing to brighten the colors...

I was curious about 2.7k and 4k resolution however in the end my pc cannot really handle editing this quality, and once upload to youtube resolution goes back to 1080p anyways, so think next time will record at 1080p/50fps to help get better battery life for now!

Mounted under visor using this mount "Super Visor Low Profile Under Visor Helmet Mount" (goggle it) different to my contour height wise and not as annoying as my chest mount, and does not fall off when tree branches say hello when mounted on top or side of helmet...

Hope helps

John
Old 14-06-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Nice one thanks. I've had mine under visor for over a year now. It's a good compromise. Indeed the v7 stabilisation is impressive.
Old 16-06-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Get Arctra to show you around, he knows it like the back of his hand. There's plenty of fun riding there if you know where to look. I was followed from the forest back to the carpark by the Hume Hwy by the ranger who informed me I shouldn't have had the ( Actra inspired) photocopied/laminated 'almost' full size number plate. It looks identical to the real one but doesn't crack, bend, slice.
Old 16-06-2019
dbw Pro Hero

Gee that ranger sounds like a ****. See you in the northern territory.

Last edited by Pete40; 16-06-2019 at 08:21 PM.
Old 16-06-2019
"The Crack Of DOOM"

He's actually a pretty nice guy. His rationale is that if people see bikes riding around without rego plates that they'll assume you can ride unregistered bikes there, and that increases the risk to those of us that are rego'ed bikes. It's not like it's unheard of for bogans on unregistered bikes hitting other riders then pi55ing off coz they don't want to get busted.

Remember to that the dude has a job and he kinda wants to keep it. To do that he needs to at least demonstrate that he's made an effort to stop unregistered riders so that if/when there is an incident with unregistered riders he has plausible deniability.

As riders we sometimes have a "persecution complex" where we think that authority is "out to get us" and "spoil our right to ride in the State Forests". These dudes are humans at the end of the day, with jobs and livelihoods just like the rest of us.
Old 17-06-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Well said. For good or bad, he's here to stay.