dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Ride Reports & Local Issues > New South Wales Ride Reports & Local Issues

New South Wales Ride Reports & Local Issues Proudly Sponsored by www.01moto.com.au Beta Sydney

Old 17-06-2019
dbw Pro

Well said Arctra,

Iv'e been riding this forest and dealing with the ranger for a while now and he is genuinely interested in promoting the area for the use of everyone. If he asks you to keep out of an area of the forest for a reason then do it. There is plenty of other areas to ride, or put a number plate on your'e bike next time then do it. I don't think it unreasonable and he is only doing what is asked of him. If you follow some basic rules then he will leave you alone and you can have a great day.
Old 17-06-2019
dbw Pro

yup fully agree with what you guys are saying - ranger doing his job.

I have not ridden that often at Belanglo, though have not seen many if any unregistred bikes and quads which is a good thing, so assume having ranger watch over area is working.

If compare to say watagans, rare to see unregistred bikes and rare to see rangers, though if shift to ourimbah near the mtb'ers area have seen rangers there.

But if travel over to zig zag clarence near lithgow, have not seen rangers there but have seen loads of unregistred quads and bikes so I try to stay well clear just in case of accidents.

Whichever way, tracks I found (including quiet a few nice flowing single tracks) was a good easy comfort ride, and looking at my gps vs previous riders wikiloc.com tracks, there is heaps to explore so will try next time!

John
Old 18-06-2019
dbw Pro

I reckon it's a pretty underestimated place to ride. Just gotta know where the good tracks are.

The rangers might be a bit over the top with the number plate shenanigans, but they are good guys just doing their job. It's gotta be a plus knowing that there are likely no quad bikes roaming around out there.

Biggest issue is the closure of some singles. They turn a blind eye to most of them so I fully respect the ones they do mark as closed, hopefully this trend doesn't continue though..

Hopefully we can be respectful of each other out there and keep enjoying the place for years to come.
Old 20-06-2019
dbw Pro

Last time we rode at belanglo it was really foggy in the morning....so I tried to catch some fog but I mist....
Old 21-06-2019
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgesler View Post
Last time we rode at belanglo it was really foggy in the morning....so I tried to catch some fog but I mist....
Yeah, watch out for the Gorilla's.
Old 21-06-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleax View Post
Yeah, watch out for the Gorilla's.
and the skeletons
Old 21-06-2019
dbw Factory Pro

Hey mate, just watching your vid.
If I were you I'd remove the exact date from your video youtube title.

Just in case you ride somewhere you shouldn't be and it's on film, don't make it so easy to incriminate yourself or your mates.
Old 22-06-2019
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmygod View Post
Hey mate, just watching your vid.
If I were you I'd remove the exact date from your video youtube title.

Just in case you ride somewhere you shouldn't be and it's on film, don't make it so easy to incriminate yourself or your mates.
Probably too late....guess should be blurring all number plates too then...if we are riding where shouldnt be is not intended!
Old 23-06-2019
dbw Pro Legend

I remember been shown some good fun tracks in there by Actra and Ktmmatt. Good times 👍👍
Old 24-06-2019
dbw Pro

belanglo

I started riding there in about 2008 and the rangers were not that strict, but there were heaps of hotshots on mx bikes and quads and it was a constant worry as to whether one would come flying the other way. The ranger that was there when I was last there (about 3 years ago) was excellent and to my knowledge it is still pretty much free of these idiots. Job well done I reckon.