DBW Expert

Spot on.
Old 07-08-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Sometimes you just need to fiddle

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Fitted TuBliss to the rear this arvo - wasn't that hard, to be honest.

But, I have not fitted a bigger c U next Tuesday of a tyre than a cold Dunlop MX-52 (Bagus Indonesia) 110/100-18.

What a sh1tter
Old 08-08-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by katokonvert View Post
Fitted TuBliss to the rear this arvo - wasn't that hard, to be honest.

But, I have not fitted a bigger c U next Tuesday of a tyre than a cold Dunlop MX-52 (Bagus Indonesia) 110/100-18.

What a sh1tter

Haha! What until it's time to remove it - festering uncles cut knee's infected nasty gash c u next Tuesday of a tyre!
Old 08-08-2017
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigberger View Post
Haha! What until it's time to remove it - festering uncles cut knee's infected nasty gash c u next Tuesday of a tyre!
They've got a nice firm sidewall eh I find the hardest part always seems to be peeling the old tyres far side back off the rim. Get's me going every time!
Old 10-08-2017
DBW Clubman

Fitted a set of Steg Pegz to my 16 300RR. Just can't seem to grip the thing well with my legs so thought I would give them a go
Old 10-08-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigberger View Post
Luckily that won't be for a while as I'll run it down to slick using the awesome grip of -2 psi (tm, patent pending, ggchris)
Old 13-08-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
They've got a nice firm sidewall eh I find the hardest part always seems to be peeling the old tyres far side back off the rim. Get's me going every time!
I have taken to old tyres with an angle grinder. Saves skin lol. Or you could ride the bike so tyres are warm. fitting a new one after sitting beside the fire makes them fall on..

On anther note, I have been trying to fix an annoying oil leak from behind the countershaft. It wasn't the main seal or the little o-ring, it was the circlip not seating in the groove on the countershaft. It would look fine but a little movement sideways on the sprocket and it wasn't staying seated.
Closer inspection revealed a slight bend, and possible spreading.
Gave it a clean on the buffing wheel and some adjusting in the vice, and no more leaks.
This all happened when I changed the chain and sprocket for the first time, so its not like I have had the circlip on and off a few times. So I will buy a circlip for chain and sprocket changes from here on.
Old 13-08-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mescaline View Post
I have taken to old tyres with an angle grinder. Saves skin lol. Or you could ride the bike so tyres are warm. fitting a new one after sitting beside the fire makes them fall on..

On anther note, I have been trying to fix an annoying oil leak from behind the countershaft. It wasn't the main seal or the little o-ring, it was the circlip not seating in the groove on the countershaft. It would look fine but a little movement sideways on the sprocket and it wasn't staying seated.
Closer inspection revealed a slight bend, and possible spreading.
Gave it a clean on the buffing wheel and some adjusting in the vice, and no more leaks.
This all happened when I changed the chain and sprocket for the first time, so its not like I have had the circlip on and off a few times. So I will buy a circlip for chain and sprocket changes from here on.
I have had a similar small leak - I discovered the rear wheel wasn't perfectly aligned on both adjusters & so had caused off-axis pressure on the countershaft = leak behind front sprocket.

All good now.
Old 21-08-2017
dbw Pro

oil and filter changes, new brake tip- was worth it, much nicer to use now and easier to find.
Then I proceeded to replace sprockets and chain and thinking the front sprocket bolt was reverse thread I sheared it off.
Luckily for me there had not been any Locktite or similar on the remaining thread so it was easy to drill a hole into the center and spin it out. bought a generic 10mm high tensile bolt, installed it and went riding.