dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > Husaberg Forum

Husaberg Forum For people that like their KTM motor bent over!

Old 22-03-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Waterpump housing gouged?

I put this post in the Husaberg forum, but thought I would throw it out to the DBW brains-trust. It's good to hear all opinions...

I've had a few cooling gremlins recently, and the weep hole started to show a leak. After pulling off the waterpump cover it was really difficult to remove the disc under the impeller. I decided to remove the clutch cover to try and make this a little easier, which it did, but I couldn't remove the disc without damaging it. New one ordered.

But, once the disc was removed I found scoring and gouging in the case, and the outer seal installed in the wrong direction. The seal I can fix, but what about the case?

Should I be concerned about the scoring? Something must have made its way in. I did the weephole mod a couple of years back and installed a small screw to plug the hose. So I'm thinking something must have dropped into my coolant when I've checked it??

What do you think? Will this affect the disc's operation, and/or sheer off plastic from the back of it and send it through my cooling system? It's not overly rough, but no smooth either. The waterpump shaft is in good condition, I removed it to inspect. One good thing I guess!